1.07.2012

"All for Andy in TdF": a pic from Mallorca and more

RadioShack Nissan Trek team left to Mallorca - and sun and warmth and up and down roads and eventually sea - last night at 10, directly from the Rock Hall. Do you wonder where? well... here: http://www.robinson.com/unsere-clubs/spanien/cala-serena/sommer-2012/club-fakten/?searchloc=menu
Back to the presentation, I enjoyed the show but honestly was glad to have not gone. 
The new jersey is almost the same as the old one but adds a red strip for RadioShack and a yellow one for Livestrong, national champions add a national flag strip too: too many colors in may opinion and the whole team looks like the Luxembourgish National Team. Kloden refused the German flag for the Eurpean one, Basques guys have got the Basque flag instead of the Spanish one. That's probably irrelevant for the sport but looks weird to me: better to avoid national flags for all then....  In general I'd have prefered a red, withe and black CSC old style but no matter...
This year team presentation anyway was more sober - not in an alcoholic meaning - then last year one: a plainer show in the evening, a plainer look in the press conference. Last year riders were wearing suits and scarfs, this year they were almost... in pijamas! confortable black trousers, a sporty wite t-shirt and a destructurated soft sweater in a delicate beige nuance. Really cute. I definitely approve the choice. Riders looked more relaxed and maybe less sleepy: last year the press conf was in the morning, this time in the afternoon. I hope they - and the press! - had a proper lunch. Jurnos didn't have a proper press room according with Daniel Benson who had to find alternative solutions for his laptop...http://twitpic.com/83yb4d
Wort.lu did a great job following live the press conf  and RTL showed the...show so we missed nothing. Ok I missed something but even if I was there... I would have missed it :) 
Serious stuff? few. Just one in my opinion: Bruyneel said quite openly then ALL the team will support ANDY Schleck in the Tour de France, Frank included. A strong team will go to the Giro and Jakob Fugslang will lead it. I don't see how today Gazzetta talks about a possibility to see Frank there. Andy very openly said: "The Giro is a nice race but it isn't the Tour and will never be". That became - softened - "It's impossible to win both Giro and Tour, I want to win the Tour so can't go to the Giro and get tired". Joe Geimer by Wort.lu reports Fraenk Schleck said: "I am ready to sacrifice myself for Andy if needed. My brother would do exactly the same. We have a special relationship." First part is the solution, last part is the problem as I replied. In my opinion the point isn't that Frank must sacrifice for Andy but that Andy must understand that Frank CAN'T win the Tour so there is nothing against him in winning it himself. About that, I have feith in Johan Bruyneel.

6 comments:

Ilaria said...

New Trek bikes for the team:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150604184293296.439715.198875903295&type=1

Ilaria said...

Joe Geimer said: Bruyneel: "Fraenk Schleck at the Giro 2012 is a possibility. The program is not set yet. We have to think about it."
They ask, what can he say? But I'm sure he will not go. Do you want to bet? ;)

Ilaria said...

On the plane:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150589447990934.446299.127009645933&type=1
Then you say "It's private" mah..

Ilaria said...

But nothing new:"If I never win the Tour, then maybe I might choose the Vuelta or the Giro one year, but for now the goal stays like it was last year. I want to go for the Tour and that's priority. The Giro is a beautiful race and so is the Vuelta. But nothing else for me in the whole world of cycling is the Tour de France and it never will be."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/andy-schleck-maintains-tour-de-france-focus?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=cyclingnews&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Angelique said...

Honestly I can't wait for the cycling season to start now.

Ilaria said...

Yeah :)