Here you have RSNT TDU preview: http://www.radioshacknissantrek.com/news/fresh-brew-santos-tour-down-under-preview
1. A strong lineup: "and will contest not only for stage wins but the overall title as well." Daniele Bennati for sprints supported by Jan Bakelants (replacing Ben Hermans), Hayden Roulston, Jesse Sergent and Jens Voigt. Linus Gerdemann and Tiago Machado for the overall.
2. The importance of an early victory: “The Tour Down Under is more important to us than everyone might expect,” said Johan Bruyneel “For all the teams it is of course an important race as the whole cycling community is hungry to start the new season. An early win stays in your mind for the rest of the season"
3. Many opponents: GreenEDGE, the new Aussie squad featuring Cam Meyer and Robbie McEwen, 3-time TDU winner Andre Greipel, Oscar Friere "in a Kathusha kit for the first time", Ryder Hesjedal and Robbie Hunter for Garmin, Team Sky Edvald Boasson Hagen, and BMC with Alessandro Ballan. Alejandro Valverde now riding for Movistar and Alessandro Petacchi with Lampre.
3. Points to gain: a good result in TDU is also important "for the UCI points as they are necessary for the position of the Director’s cars in the following WorldTour races."
4. A special reporter: "Chris Brewer is a proud cancer survivor working for LIVESTRONG and has been covering professional cycling since 1998. He will be contributing to RADIOSHACKNISSANTREK.com providing his unique insights into the sport throughout the 2012 season."
Last training, first race, top race: TDU is all that. And yes: we all are hungry for cycling! racers, teams, media and supporters, we all want to feel again the great excitment of the race, of the daily story to live and watch and tell. When the race begins, the poor news that animated the web in the off season finally appear in all their meanness. Some riders talk more some less but they all prefer to ride their bike than to give interviews. That's right: lets go for greatness, in cycling or writing. We all are the same: lets try the best, lets fully live, fed of love, hungry of glory.