2.21.2012

Unseen insights

Pic by RSNT
Some birds were doing a lot of noise this morning, before dawn. They were upon the trees, the maritime pines standing just outside the central rail station of Florence, that takes its name by the beautiful church in front: Santa Maria Novella. They are built by the same stone, have the same color, the same concept: linear, rational, simple and perfect. Many centuries separe them but the style has not changed. Those birds thought were much more awake than me. I couldn't see them and still was sure they were very active inside that foliage! 
Daily races are at little like that for me in this period: I am at school in the morning and have often to sleep in the afternoon because I woke up too early. I am not sure this job is good for my anemy by the way... I feel very tired. I have to prepare lessons and tests too of course. Time left for cycling... is very few.
I check races results in the evening and am glad to find some rider I like did well but isn't the same as following them. On my train to work I read the Gazzetta: often there is nothing special, sometimes it is interesting. Pastonesi's article about the Moser family after Moreno victory in Laigueglia was good. I like that guy who started as a child and stoped not because he didn't get results but because didn't feel for cycling the same passion than before. And after a wise pause he came back to honour his family tradition.
I saw in Andalusia a breaker went to the finish and that's always cool. Moreover here because Ramirez is l'enfant du pays. Fränk Schleck 4th in today stage is great. Ok Schleck(s) are just building their shape... but to see them in front it's always nice. To see Valverde won another race stage... well... I'd have prefered many others...Taaramae for example, who finished 3th. Second is Menchov: I used to like him but... It is a too long subject, I'll come back on it.
Fränk Schleck is satisfied: “Valverde was the man to beat on this stage. Everybody knew it.  He attacked, took some seconds and we were unable to bring him back.  But I’m happy with my stage.  This is good for my morale to perform well on the first uphill stage of my season.” Team director Kim Andersen assessed the performance by Schleck: “Fränk was good and he was motivated as well.  It was unfortunate that the 5k climb wasn’t as hard as we’d expected.  Only the final 500 meters were steep.  Valverde is tough to beat on such a course.” 
Copppel 3th in GC is also a nice news like Julien El Fares 2nd in the final GC of Haut Var. Jonathan Tiernan-Lock won it too. What a start of season for him and his team Endura racing! somebody even protested it shouldn't be there...
The peloton looks - or sounds! - like a birds flock that I hear but can't see. It cheers me up... but I miss something. 
Ruta del Sol
Stage 1
1 Javier Ramírez (Spa) Andalucia
Stage 2
1 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar Team 4:02:37  
2 Denis Menchov (Rus) Katusha Team 0:00:10  
3 Rein Taaramae (Est) Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne    
4 Frank Schleck (Lux) RadioShack-Nissan
GC
1 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar Team 9:11:58  
2 Rein Taaramae (Est) Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne 0:00:03  
3 Jerome Coppel (Fra) Saur - Sojasun 0:00:08  
4 Denis Menchov (Rus) Katusha Team 0:00:14  
5 Sergey Lagutin (Uzb) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team 0:00:15  
6 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Project 1t4i 0:00:18  
7 Samuel Sánchez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 0:00:21  
8 Frank Schleck (Lux) RadioShack-Nissan 0:00:22  
9 Matthias Brandle (Aut) Team NetApp 0:00:23  
10 Haimar Zubeldia (Spa) RadioShack-Nissan 0:00:26  
Haut Var
Stage 1
1 Romain Hardy (Fra) Bretagne - Schuller 4:47:10  
2 Clément Koretzky (Fra) La Pomme Marseille    
3 Jonathan Tiernan-Lock (GBr) Endura Racing 0:00:06  
Stage 2
1 Jonathan Tiernan-Lock (GBr) Endura Racing 5:23:13  
2 Julien El Fares (Fra) Team Type 1 - Sanofi 0:00:01  
3 Julien Simon (Fra) Saur - Sojasun 0:00:04
..............
13 Daniel Martin (Irl) Garmin - Barracuda 0:00:32  
16 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team    
17 Cameron Meyer (Aus) Greenedge Cycling Team 0:00:37  
GC
1 Jonathan Tiernan-Lock (GBr) Endura Racing 10:10:29  
2 Julien El Fares (Fra) Team Type 1 - Sanofi 0:00:06  
3 Julien Simon (Fra) Saur - Sojasun 0:00:09  
4 Romain Hardy (Fra) Bretagne - Schuller 0:00:13  
5 Simon Clarke (Aus) Greenedge Cycling Team 0:00:18  
6 Jonathan Hivert (Fra) Saur - Sojasun 0:00:20  
7 Christophe Le Mevel (Fra) Garmin - Barracuda 0:00:24  
8 Maxime Bouet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0:00:28  
9 Fredrik Kessiakoff (Swe) Astana Pro Team    
10 Pierrick Fedrigo (Fra) FDJ-Big Mat

Laigueglia

1 Moser Moreno (Ita) Liquigas - Cannondale 4:58:15  
2 Rubiano Chavez Miguel Angel (Col) Androni Giocattoli    
3 Montaguti Matteo (Ita) AG2R - La Mondiale

No comments: