3.01.2012

I love that team!


RSNT sport directors
Yeah yeah yeah! I can tell it! I didn't like at all last year Leopard Trek, sorry but I have never been a fan. In spite of all the nice people and friends in there I couldn't. Too many things simply made me frustrated and annoyed. Radio Shack Nissan Trek is a different team: it works. I don't know if it will achieve the goals it aims to but they - team riders and staff - definitely persuaded me. It's a strong group, each one has a reason to be there - in LT you couldn't tell the same - and Johan Bruyneel seems to have got a very clear concept of what he intends to do with it. 
No individual victories yet. That's true. But already some podiums in serious races - sorry not all races are serious regarding who takes part in them and how they are organized - and some victories as the best team in the competition. Team classifications are a good way to test a team: its omogeneity, its unity, its capacity to work as a unit. That seems to miss BMC sofar, another team I really like that can line up individual champions like Evans, Gilbert, Hushovd, Phinney and more. You need a strong, united team if your goal is the Tour de France. I think we know that is the only goal for Andy Schleck and one of the few for his team (others: California and Colorado, not the Giro, Paris-Roubaix and Flanders). 
Is that way to race boring? well I don't think Machado was boring in Andalusia. And remember that Contador won many big Tours almost without winning stages, Armstrong won many Tours de France...and few other. It's a pity to read that the Schleck(s) - Andy at least - will not try to be 100% in the Ardennes Classics to save their top shape for July, but if they can be on the top step in Paris - ok, one of them - that's a fair price to pay. 
Personally I pay the price to NOT have Andy Schleck in Strade Bianche and Tirreno this year. RSNT roster is very strong anyway and the race will be interesting as usual. Tomorrow 3 Days of West-Flanders starts and on Sunday FINALLY Paris-Nice. I say finally because I'm looking forward to see Andy Schleck racing. Please don't tell me he will not race to get a result but will just train: I know. I say I'm looking forward to SEE him on his bike again, only that. In streaming. Because we couldn't see anything from Mallorca or Oman. To see him in persona I must wait till the last stages of the race, March 10/11 in Nice. A TT on Col D'Eze should be cool, especially for one of the best climber in the world who is trying to improve is TT skill. Lets see! 
 The RADIOSHACK NISSAN TREK team line-ups for the next races:
le Strade Bianche (Italy) – UCI 1.1 (March 3)
Riders: Daniele Bennati, Fabian Cancellara, Laurent Didier, Tony Gallopin, Ben Hermans, Yaroslav Popovych, Gregory Rast & Hayden Roulston
Director: Luca Guercilena
Paris-Nice (France) – UCI WorldTour (March 4-11)
Riders: Jan Bakelants, Markel Irizar, Andreas Klöden, Maxime Monfort, Joost Posthuma, Andy Schleck, Fränk Schleck & Jens Voigt
Directors: Alain Gallopin & Lars Michaelsen
3 Days of West-Flanders – UCI 2.1 (March 2-4): - UPDATED
Riders: Matthew Busche, Jakob Fuglsang, Ben King, Giacomo Nizzolo, Thomas Rohregger, Jesse Sergent, Robert Wagner & Oliver Zaugg
Directors: Dirk Demol & José Azevedo

No comments: