3.24.2012

My Spa - and more

No no I'm not talking about those places where you go to relax and to get a wax. I was thinking about the Spa stage in TdF 2010, do you remember? I guess you do.  Yesterday I was in a hurry but now have got the time to tell you my last adventure. WARNING: skip it if you are a sensitive male reader, because it involves female stuff.
So on thursday I got my period. Nothing strange in that but I have to say it's very intense, add it to my anemy and you'll see it's a bit a drag, if not a disaster.. Imagine to wake up at 6, to ride your bike to the rail station, to get two trains runing for the connecting one... while bleeding. Women do that - and much more - normally. Female riders even race. That's an interesting subject bdw because you wonder how they manage to. However female athletes often have a very little period: there is a natural selection it seems. But friends told me about poor girls washing their sadle at the end of a race...
I'm not an athlete but yesterday morning waking up I understood I was going to wash my sadle at the end of the day. It isn't just that you are weak because of the bleeding: you feel bad, sometimes you have headache or stomachache or pain in your back. The idea to stay at home came to my mind, I must admit, but I had to prepare a student for an English test, that was our last day before it: I must go. "I went to Calpe having my period" I thought "Empoli can't be harder".
I got on my bike, arrived to the rail station and found out my first train was leaving! I can't explain that. It was supposed to start at 8.01 but it was leaving at 7.57. I had to run, and quickly to get on it. In Florence central station there was my second train, ready to start in few minutes... by the other side of the building. I had to run again. Jumped on the train crowded with tourists heading to Pisa I immediately saw there was something wrong: the light was still off, the doors all open... after ten minutes I said: "We have a delay!". The nice Englishman siting in front of me nodded but couldn't reply: a loud Italian voice informed us the train was brocken and not going to start at all. We had to get off and to look for another one.
I was half an hour late at that point: if I pass my badge at 9.30 am the school makes me work one hour more SO I really thought: "Ok! I go back home and take an off day telling I'm sick. WTF I DON'T want to work one hour more beacuse that fucking train has brocken! not my fault!" I was about to cry. Then I remember that Spa stage... All looked lost... but no: you can't give up now. Lets go. I had no Tour de France to win, just a student to help but that's my job. Moreover I liked the challenge: lets see if I can get there in time. If I'm late I don't pass my badge, go directly to my class and wait. If they call me from the office I tell I just forget. But if I can be there in time, I will be proud of myself. 
There was a train to Livorno: it started at 8.22 am. Fortunately it stoped only in few town so I reached Empoli at 8.52. Normally it isn't enought but yesterday I wasn't going to school: I was racing my race, challenging the limit. Normally I don't care if I am 2 minutes late and don't give a shit for the school boss, but yesterday I was all focused on my result. I passed my badge exactly at 9.00 am. Hell yeah! I felt as if I made a record. 
But I had to go to the toilet and had no time. I spent one hour with my student, then thanks god there was a break. No time to eat but to avoid a flood. At the end of the morning I was exhausted, lost the quick train of 12.04 am (to go to the toilet!) and had to wait for the 12.21, so arrived to my final station about 2 pm. I felt pretty bad unlocking my bike: "I walk home" I thought. But by bike it takes just five minutes... I got on... and when I got off I had to wash my sadle CVD 
Meanwhile my dad phoned me twice: my son's school time ends at 12.30 on Friday and that day there was a birthday party in the park, my dad picked him up but I was supposed to arrive after work. NO WAY! I had a tea, slept two hours and then watched in bed 3E. My son was very happy to go playing with a mate. 
BDW
My favourites are doing well: Uran second in Volta a Catalunya, Diego Ulissi won again in Coppi e Bartali and is 3th in the final GC. Criterium International started today and RSNT has 4 men in top 15 sofar. Volta a Catalunya stage 6 is on the way: a traffic accident forced it to stop for about 40 minutes... watch it here: http://www.tv3.cat/3alacarta/#/directes/esport3 thx Cyclingfan :)
Volta a Catalunya
Stage 5
1 Julien Simon (Fra) Saur - Sojasun 4:58:27
2 Rigoberto Uran Uran (Col) Sky Procycling

3 Sylvester Szmyd (Pol) Liquigas-Cannondale

4 Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi

5 Dario Cataldo (Ita) Omega Pharma - QuickStep
GC
1 Michael Albasini (Swi) GreenEdge Cycling Team 17:23:51
2 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol Team 0:01:32
3 Daniel Martin (Irl) Garmin-Barracuda

4 Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi

5 Rigoberto Uran Uran (Col) Sky Procycling

6 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre - ISD

7 Thomas Danielson (USA) Garmin-Barracuda

8 Sergio Pardilla Belllón (Spa) Movistar Team

9 Robert Kiserlovski (Cro) Pro Team Astana

10 Dario Cataldo (Ita) Omega Pharma - QuickStep

11 Matteo Carrara (Ita) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team

12 Denis Menchov (Rus) Katusha Team

13 Sylvester Szmyd (Pol) Liquigas-Cannondale

14 Steven Kruijswijk (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team

15 Peter Stetina (USA) Garmin-Barracuda
CA Sorensen keeps the mountain jersey.
Coppi e Bartali
1 Jan Barta (Cze) Team Netapp

2 Bartosz Huzarski (Pol) Team NetApp 0:00:13
3 Diego Ulissi (Ita) Lampre - ISD 0:00:21
4 Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Acqua & Sapone 0:00:26
5 Francesco Reda (Ita) Acqua e Sapone 0:00:29
6 Paul Voss (Ger) Endura Racing 0:00:30
7 Moreno Moser (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:00:34
8 Josè Serpa (Col) Androni Giocattoli-Venezuela 0:00:39
9 Josè Rujano (Ven) Androni Giocattoli-Venezuela) 0:00:47
10 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Acqua & Sapone 0:00:51
Criterium International
Stage 1
1 Florian Vachon (Fra) Bretagne - Schuller 2:03:48
2 Danilo Wyss (Swi) BMC Racing Team

3 Clément Koretzky (Fra) La Pomme-Marseille

4 Simon Geschke (Ger) Project 1t4i

5 Nicolas Bazin (Fra) Auber 93

6 Geoffroy Lequatre (Fra) Bretagne - Schuller

7 Giovanni Bernaudeau (Fra) Team Europcar

8 Romain Hardy (Fra) Bretagne - Schuller

9 Jens Voigt (Ger) Radioshack-Nissan

10 Linus Gerdemann (Ger) Radioshack-Nissan

11 Maxime Monfort (Bel) Radioshack-Nissan

12 Jeffry Romero (Col) Colombia-Colodeportes

13 Brent Bookwalter (USA) BMC Racing Team

14 Frank Schleck (Lux) Radioshack-Nissan

15 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team

No comments: