11.13.2012

In short (and traslated): Nys hard on Pauwels and Vantornout

There is an article here:
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/DMF20121111_00365409
In short (and traslated):
1. Nys' lesson: in Hamme-Zoggehe he wanted to give Kevin Pauwels and Klaas Vantornout a lesson because they didn't start in Niel in order to save energies for Saturday's cross at their manager's home town but failed to get a result in spite they were fresher then Nys, Albert and Aernouts.
2. Honouring smaller races: "That they didn't start in Niel, I find a bad thing for the cross. Nobody forces them, but smaller cross races are fighting to survive and then it seems only natural to take part in all the top appointments. Especially if you want to belong to the top three. So yes, I was motivated in Hamme-Zogge. I wanted to show them that I did not feel that I had raced the day before. The first half of the cross I have against those two fresher men,  Pauwels and Vantornout joined their forces."
3. Mettepenningen - Pauwels' manager - not happy: "The victory was not there, but  I'm disappointed for that fifth place. Especially because this fast race was tailored for Kevin Pauwels and Klaas, not slow. Maybe there was too much pressure on the shoulders of Kevin."
4. Kevin Pauwels embarrassed: "I had already decided before the begining of the season that I would have not started in Niel and when I saw the pictures  I do not regret it [there was a lot of mud, which is not in favour of Pauwels]. Did I feel the pressure? I felt no more pressure than usual. There was maybe more if my chain didn't go down. I started with the top two riders but Lars van der Haar didn't take over." Now Nys is way ahead in GC and "closing the gap it's going to be hard"

5. Lars van der Haar tactical: "I was thinking let the two guys who didn't race on Saturday do the work. In  that moment I was playing the game. Kevin and Klaas got Nys against them [because they did not raced the day before] and if you are against yourself, you are not going to be happy."

No comments: