11.12.2012

In short: Rigorberto Uran's best season (sofar!)

He's one of my favourite riders, White Jersey in the last Giro d'Italia, 2nd in the Olypics, he well deserved an interview by his team. Read it all here:
http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,17546_8235330,00.html
Pic by (c)IlariaPranzini
In short: 
1. Happy! “I’m very very happy with how the season has gone. It’s been good from start to finish with some consistent results.The Giro was a highlight for me and a great moment – to be able to compete over three weeks and emerge with a top 10 and the white jersey was special.” 
2. Healty: “[2013] It’s definitely satisfying. The allergy problem got a lot better this year and you could see that on the bike. I was able to get some big results because of it.
3. Hopeful: “What races I do obviously depends on the calendar the team sets for me. I'm looking forward to a good rest and ready for some renewed success with Team Sky. Hopefully I'll have a very similar programme to this year though.
4.'High' “During the off-season I have returned home to Colombia. The village I live in is situated 2000 metres above sea level, so even when you are not training hard it is great to stay fit.”

No comments: