1.28.2013

In short: Jens Voigt about TDU and Andy Schleck

There is an article here:
http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/41923/Schleck-slips-away-silently-from-torrid-tour
In short:

1.Uneasy: "I think he just felt uneasy about it and he probably doesn't want to answer questions that I answer now. It is understandable, but then again he should just face it and say 'I'm still working on it, I don't have it yet'."
2. On the right track: "It's been good here, we've had some good talks. He needed a little pep talk and one time I also gave him a little 'kick' talk. I have seen him getting better day-by-day."
3. Learning: "He's a very good rider and normally when he suffers, it's for a really good result. Here, he just suffers for survival, so that's new for him. But maybe that's a lesson he learns for life. Afterwards he thinks, 'I know what it's like to be down there and I never want to go back there, so I'd better spice up my game and make sure I stay up there'. It's the same amount of pain he's having now to stay in the peloton that he probably has in July, trying to win something big."

I'm glad there is Jens Voigt down there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said it before and I say it again. Jensie's career in cycling should not stop when he decides to hang up his bike.he has much more to give to cycling. H

Ilaria said...

Agree!