1.10.2013

Qhubeka roster for Amissa Bongo

Team MTN-Qhubeka powered by Samsung will debut its first year as a Professional Continental team in La Tropicale Amissa Bongo. The race takes place in Gabon from the 14.01.13 – 20.01.13. Meron Russom finished in second place overall last year, missing victory by only 8 seconds.
“This year’s race is a little earlier than last year so my condition isn’t exactly the same but I am still happy with my preparation,” Russom said. “My aim is to win a stage or finish on the podium. I am also happy to help the team if we find one of my teammates is stronger than me.”
The race start list has been boosted by the addition of two WorldTour and two Professional Continental teams.
“The standard of racing is sure to be high,” said Sports Director, Kevin Campbell.  “UCI points are at a premium this year and even if some of the top teams send their less well known riders, they will still be motivated to perform.

“Meron and Jani both raced really well last year and I expect them to do well again. Tsgabu is an unknown factor to the other teams so I know he will also perform really well. Jacques, Louis and Songezo are all able to offer excellent support and obtain some excellent results themselves.”
 
Team MTN-Qhubeka 
La Tropicale Amissa Bongo 14.01.13 – 20.01.13

Tsgabu GRMAY (ETH) 
Jacques JANSE VAN RENSBURG (RSA) 
Songezo JIM (RSA)
Louis MEINTJES (RSA)
Meron RUSSOM (ERI)
Jani TEWELDE (ERI)

No comments: