1.06.2013

Sun Tour: Watson is the youngest ever winner!


On the official site of the race 
http://www.heraldsuntour.com.au/media-releases/stage3-review.html 
you can read: "Victorian Calvin Watson celebrated his 20th birthday in the best possible fashion, becoming the youngest ever winner in 60 editions of Australia’s oldest stage race, the Jayco Herald Sun Tour."
"This is my backyard" he said "and you couldn’t ask for a better place to train. I knew the climb back-to-front and I knew where I could ease off and where I had to really dig deep and I knew every corner and that really played into our hands" and polemically added: "I was fuelled by a bit of anger and disappointment at being left out of the national program, so I’m happy I can show I’m a real force in Australian cycling."


No comments: