1.22.2013

TSL and TDU: two classy sprinters sprint...and more


Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink


Tour de San Luis stage 1
1 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 3:48:04
2 Sacha Modolo (Ita) Bardiani Valvole-CSF Inox
3 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Lampre-Merida
4 Leigh Howard (Aus) Orica GreenEdge
5 Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale Pro Cycling
6 Rafael Andriato (Bra) Vini Fantini-Selle Italia
7 Francesco Lasca (Ita) Caja Rural
8 Thor Hushovd (Nor) BMC Racing Team
9 Kenny Dehaes (Bel) Lotto Belisol
10 Miguel Angel Rubiano (Col) Androni Giocattoli
11 Manuel Belletti (Ita) Ag2R La Mondiale
Modolo said: ”I didn’t expect to be already competitive for the first positions, because I trained very hard until few days before to move to Argentine. It means that we have worked very well during the winter. Today my teammates did a fantastic job, Coledan and Fortin led out me in the last 1km, I tried to pass Cavendish but my final rush was too long. I’m very happy for this podium for our new sponsors. Now we have to continue in this way”.

Tour Down Under stage 1
1 André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Belisol 3:35:24 
2 Arnaud Demare (Fra) FDJ
3 Mark Renshaw (Aus) Blanco Pro Cycling
4 Simone Ponzi (Ita) Astana Pro Team
5 Steele Von Hoff (Aus) Garmin Sharp

Andy Schleck said: “Today was not an easy day. The speeds at the end in the descents were really fast.  It’s early in the season so I’m still finding my way in the peloton, but perhaps I will find that I have the legs on tomorrow’s climb.”
http://www.radioshackleopardtrek.com/news/stage-racing-begins-down-under

No comments: