1.28.2013

TSL: final results (and exults)


Androni's rider Mattia Gavazzi exults: a beautiful victory after a long bann. I push back any nasty comments: lets move on. Savio's team is the living proof a second chance is possible and fair. Moreover because Gavazzi had tested positive for cocaine not epo. 
"In the first few days I was feeling well but I didn't have the sensations you need in the finale and I wasn't sure where to position myself for wins" said Gavazzi. "There was so much emotion at the finish though, and seeing Savio crying was very emotional. I knew I could come back to this level, though, and I hope this is the start of things to come. The level of the opposition is so high here. When I crossed the line I called my father and this is for him, my family and especially my nephew. Before I came to the race he asked me to come here and win."
Diaz exults: he won. His team has been unbelivable. I spent a relatively long time searching a picture of the best young rider of this race: Alejandro Sivori. But I couldn't... :P
STAGE
1 Mattia Gavazzi (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 3:25:48
2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale Pro Cycling
3 Francisco Jose Ventoso (Spa) Movistar Team
4 Maximiliano Richeze (Arg) Lampre-Merida
5 Bartiomiej Matysiak (Pol) CCC Polsat Polkowice
6 Juan Jose Haedo (Arg) Jamis-Hagens Berman
7 Sacha Modolo (Ita) Bardiani Valvole-CSF Inox
8 Manuel Belletti (Ita) Ag2R La Mondiale
9 Sebastian Tolosa (Arg) Buenos Aires Provincia
10 Jens Debusschere (Bel) Lotto Belisol
GC
1 Daniel Diaz (Arg) San Luis Somos Todos 24:03:16
2 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:33
3 Alex Diniz (Bra) Funvic Brasilinvest 0:00:39
4 Alberto Contador (Spa) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:01:02
5 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol 0:01:47
6 Mauro Santambrogio (Ita) Vini Fantini-Selle Italia 0:02:29
7 Miguel Angel Rubiano (Col) Androni Giocattoli 0:02:34
8 Javier Acevedo (Col) Jamis-Hagens Berman 0:03:00
9 Bart De Clercq (Bel) Lotto Belisol 0:03:14
10 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Astana Pro Team 0:03:17
11 Arnold Alcolea (Cub) Cuba 0:03:25
12 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 0:03:32
13 Matteo Montaguti (Ita) Ag2R La Mondiale 0:04:08
14 Diego Ulissi (Ita) Lampre-Merida 0:04:12
15 Andre Cardoso (Por) Caja Rural 0:04:20
16 Philip Deignan (Irl) UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling Team 0:04:30
17 Cayetano Jose Sarmiento (Col) Cannondale Pro Cycling 0:04:36
18 Joao Mendes (Por) Team NetApp-Endura 0:04:56
19 Jesus Herrada (Spa) Movistar Team 0:05:16
20 Mathias Frank (Swi) BMC Racing Team 0:06:17
MOUNTAIN
1 Emmanuel Guevara (Arg) San Luis Somos Todos
POINTS
1 Leandro Messineo (Arg) San Luis Somos Todos
YOUTH
1 Alejandro Sivori (Arg) Argentina
TEAM
1 BMC Racing Team

No comments: