1.25.2013

TT-Tuft: San Luis' locomotive

Tuft-Tuft! tuft-tuft! it sounds like a chouf-choufing chuffed train: Tour of San Luis' Locomotive. "I forget every year how hard it is. I think that’s what allows me to keep doing it.” Svein Tuft said. He just won the ITT and it hurts, in joy and pain. He's the winner. The loser is Alberto Contador: "La cronos en enero tenian que estar prohibidas:-):):)Vaya calenton!;-) ": only 13th. Ok, he had told us how fat he is. Few years ago ITT in January weren't a problem anyway... and they are not for Vincenzo Nibali: 4th. I expected something more by Tejay van Garderen (only 7th) and something worse by Jurgen Van Den Broeck(10th). I'm delighted with Malori 5th and Silin 24th (he keeps his 11th place in GC). Diniz trashed nobody but is still 4th overall. The leader is Michal Kwiatkowski, 3th in the ITT: that's a surprise
And Tuft sounds surprised too, listen how he did it: “This time of year, I’m not always sure what I’m going to get. I’ve had good feelings, but I was a little surprised at how hard it felt when I was out there. I forget every year how hard it is. I think that’s what allows me to keep doing it. I did a lot of strength and endurance in the off season. Working with Quod has been really good. It’s probably been one of the better winters for me. I’ve focused on things that I don’t normally work. We kept the training really simple and I think that helped. Another fortunate thing is that I came down early to Argentina. I was able to adjust to the heat and riding in the local climate. That’s definitely been to my benefit. The non-technical course suited me. It was a wide open highway-type course. It included two roundabouts and a couple corners. That’s it. It was really simple in that sense. The wind was a bit difficult going out, and the downhill sections were super fast. It’s definitely a course made for me. The sections with the gradient were tough. I had to really put myself out there without going too far into the red too early. It was definitely important not to lose any time on the way out. I pushed hard and recovered where I could with the momentum I had already built. I think that really paid off for me. There are strong guys here, and I had to give it everything I had. I look to take advantage of every opportunity to time trial. There’s never any guarantee of good form, so when I have it, I’m ready to make the most of it. Tour de San Luis is a really great race to start out the year. It’s not super high stress, but it is super high quality. Everyone is here to race their bikes. For January, it’s a really good race. I’m glad the team decided to race here this year.”
My bet - van Garderen - is only 23'' down: I still believe he will bring home that jersey.
ITT
1 Svein Tuft (Can) Orica GreenEdge 0:22:14  
2 Leandro Messineo (Arg) San Luis Somos Todos 0:00:07  
3 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 0:00:11  
4 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Astana Pro Team 0:00:14  
5 Adriano Malori (Ita) Lampre-Merida 0:00:19  
6 Jorge Giacinti (Arg) San Luis Somos Todos 0:00:26  
7 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:33  
8 Eloy Teruel (Spa) Movistar Team 0:00:34  
9 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 0:00:47  
10 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol 0:00:52  
11 Jonathan Castroviejo (Spa) Movistar Team 0:00:54  
12 Alexander Wetternail (Swe) Team NetApp-Endura 0:00:55  
13 Alberto Contador (Spa) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:00:57  
14 Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra) Ag2R La Mondiale 0:00:59  
15 Bart De Clercq (Bel) Lotto Belisol 0:01:04  
.......... 
19 Diego Ulissi (Ita) Lampre-Merida 0:01:13  
..........
24 Egor Silin (Rus) Astana Pro Team 0:01:24  
GC
1 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 12:30:37  
2 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:23  
3 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol 0:00:42  
4 Alex Diniz (Bra) Funvic Brasilinvest 0:00:45  
5 Bart De Clercq (Bel) Lotto Belisol 0:00:54  
6 Alberto Contador (Spa) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:01:10  
7 Daniel Diaz (Arg) San Luis Somos Todos 0:01:12  
8 Diego Ulissi (Ita) Lampre-Merida    
9 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 0:01:24  
10 Jesus Herrada (Spa) Movistar Team    
11 Egor Silin (Rus) Astana Pro Team 0:01:37  
12 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Astana Pro Team 0:01:42  




2 comments:

SKY fan said...

126/129
SCHLECK, A (LUX)
Radioshack Leopard
at 26:39


It could be better to avoid the word losser at this blog

Ilaria said...

:D wow! It sounds good when you write a word and just after its opposite: winner/loser, sweet/bitter. That's why. Both Andy and Contador didn't taget those race so where is the problem? no offence intended.