2.19.2013

Cyclocross: Lars Van der Haar forced to end season and more


"Decisions are made." he tweeted yesterday "I'm forced to end my season. After a second ultrasonography it seemed I did have a little tear in my muscle. :(( sad!" And I'm sad too because I had already become a VdH's addicted. This year I have really enjoyed the cyclocross season: in spite my favourite Kevin Pauwels didn't shine his team mate Klaas Vantornout has been great and Lars Van der Haar confirmed all the promises he had made. 
I can understand he's sad but trying to look to the brighter side of things that injury comes when the game is anyway almost over and after a splendid first season as a pro. Expectations were high but many observers have been surpised by the confidence and character he showed puting himself at the same level with the old chaps in cross. He missed a bit of good luck in my opinion or maybe he still misses a bit of experience, or both. He could have won more and got more often a spot on the podium but we can only tell that looking back from what he achieved, that is a lot: 1st in National Championship, 3rd in World Championship, a long series of top ten. Moreover a collection of splendid races. I'll keep them in my memory with some of the most exciting moments in cycling. 
Thank you Lars for such a great show and my best wishes for the future.
In the video.... one of the funniest stuff I have ever seen! in spite I don't understan almost nothing :P

No comments: