6.21.2014

Tour of Slovenia: Sonny Colbrelli shot (his) first

I'm not following the Tour of Slovenia but the first victory of Sonny Colbrelli as a pro I MUST report!! (and yes, it's the first one... but so many times he went so close!
Sonny Colbrelli is one of the best Italian young riders and I'm proud I interviewed him for a Yes We Like when he was just a trainé. 
Bravo Sonny! keep it going now!
 

Bardiani Press release:
REPORT

The stage saw before an early breakaway of four riders that came out after 17km. They gained till 4:00 minutes but before the decisive climb of Strma Reber with atop at 38km to the finish line, it reduced only to 0:50 seconds.
During this climb, long 8km, the pack briged the gap and about 40 riders stayed ahead, going to sprint for the success. The #Greenteam took the leadership of the peloton inside the final circuit in Kocevje, tricky due to wet roads, managing the pace for Sonny Colbrelli’s sprint.
Inside the last km Enrico Battaglin led out Colbrelli in the perfect way and he got a deserved victory outsprinted ahead race leader Matthews (OGE) and Bole (VFN).

Results Tour de Slovenie Stage 2
1. Sonny Colbrelli (BAR)
2. Michael Matthews (OGE) st.
3. Grega Bole (VFN) st.


REACTIONS

Sonny Colbrelli:”Finally has arrived!! I chased this win for a lot of races and it’s a liberation. I knew I came out from Giro d’Italia in good shape and yesterday in the opening time trial I felt good feelings (where he finished 21th). Today me and my teammates believed very much to get the success and they supported me in the best way. Enrico (Battaglin) led out me in the sprint really well and today I could only win”. 

Mirko Rossato, Sport Director:” We are really happy for Sonny! No one than him deserved to win. He arrived close since Etoile de Besseges in February and we really glad that finally happened!. He made a perfect sprint, he was smart and focused. In this way he beaten a top rider like Matthews. Congrats to him and the whole squad that was super today”.

No comments: