7.16.2014

Tour de France 11: Nicolas Roche

Awarded with the combactivity prize, he said:  “We had a plan to attack in the final on the last climb but when other riders started to go, I thought ‘why not attack now and try from the distance’. I saw that I had a good chance of reaching the front group but the pace was very high in the peloton. When I attacked I definitely had Alberto in my thoughts. We are very proud of him and we were so dedicated in our efforts to support him. Now we must focus on setting new goals and we wanted to start straight away today. No point in waiting if you see a good opportunity. It’s important for us, that we’re all capable of going for a stage win. I will definitely attack again but not every day because then I would waste too much energy. But when the stage suits me, we’ll have the matching strategy.

No comments: