9.11.2014

In Short: Tour of Britain: A Furious Alex Dowsett

Photo: Got asked if I liked the views on the way up today.....I'm not really watching this race - that I find honestly boring - but Alex Dowsett is one of 'my' riders and I'm happy to see him always on the attack. Yesteday he attacked solo since the start, was in the break-away collecting points and then... Well, read here:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-of-britain-dowsett-criticises-commissaires-after-double-puncture

In Short:

1. Double puncture but no help by team car"After a double puncture, I’m not saying that I should have been paced back onto the break but when you look at the number (of riders) that gets paced back onto the peloton, I couldn’t get any help whatsoever. It seems unfair, that there’s no consistency to it. Let’s look at tomorrow and if anyone punctures tomorrow, are they going to get a tow off the team car? Of course they are, that’s what happens, what’s the difference with the breakaway."
2. On the lightspot: "The team tried to help me, like any team would with one of their riders, like any team would with any riders. I think Kittel got paced back on by the GB team the other day. But, because I had a camera motorbike on me that had stopped to watch me take a piss when I decided to pack it in that was it, I couldn’t get anything. It’s me versus eight riders, when I’m trying to get back on with a minute’s deficit. That ended my day."
3. It decided the race: "I think that, I’d been there it would have been one more rider’s power and I think it could have made a difference. They weren’t caught too far from the finish and the peloton were certainly panicking about it. I’ve been strong in every finish in every stage, I think that I was top 30 today, even after all my efforts I had to put out. I think I could have been there or thereabouts at the finish."
4. Still committed: "I’ll try again tomorrow and then I think the TT will be good to me. It’s more or less the same course I won on in 2011. I think we’ve got some tough opposition in Wiggins and Kwiatkowski, but I’ll give it a good go. I don’t want to lose where I’ve got in GC (22nd at 1:25), just in case something happens. If I can get myself into the top 10 then I’ll be quite happy with that, but if there is a sniff of a stage win somewhere then that will take priority."

No comments: