9.06.2014

La Vuelta 14: Who's the Champion on La Campeona? (and more about Andy Schleck)

Pic by Antoine Plouvin
Important stage today,  from Santander to La Camperona - 200,8 km. Last 3km 24% Fireworks expected. Early start.
BUT I'm off to my son's race so... check my twitter for updates (IlariaMe) and here only later.
By the way
I talked with Andy Schleck yesterday: he's in Mallorca, training with his coach and friend Josue Aran Garcia. I asked about his knee and he said: "It will be ok. I hope."
My impression is that Trek Factory Racing tends to paint it worse than it is while Andy... is doing the opposite. That's normal: the team doesn't mean to offer him a new contract - and I can understand - while Andy wants to race.
I still think he should take his time but the fact Josue is there is a good: I'm sure he knows what's better for Andy's knee.
About next year Andy is right to say that his focus now is on getting fit again. The rest will come.

No comments: