10.13.2014

Tour of Beijing: Dan Martin, Erik Erikson and My Love Mess


This race... I have never got the point of it. It's far, it's in a country which rises serious concern about democracy and - moreover? - riders' health. 

I agree with Anthony McCrossan - there again as a speaker - that a cycling movement is growing there, with more public and fans on the road. But I don't agree to expose riders to such an high level of air pollution. 

Anyway that's the last edition of the race: I'm glad. In spite reasons are not the above but financial ones.
In China Dan Martin confirmed his wonderful shape winning the queen stage:
"I'm really happy to finally get a win in China after getting 2nd on stages the last 2 years." he said "The team did an amazing job to set me up with Ryder doing incredible once more. The headwind on the climb made it easy in the group, so I knew getting the red jersey would be difficult. I concentrated on winning the stage and if I could take enough time, then great. I am very happy to get another win and 2nd on GC going into the last stage is a great result for the team's hard work all week."

Embedded image permalinkTeam Garmin can be happy indead: they had already scored a victory by Tyler Farrar, who didn't win since a while. Also Philippe Gilbert is back to deliver, after a season slightly better than the previous ones. And he's back to be the number one... in Beijing overall at least.
As far as me... well... ehm... it could be a lot better. But also a lot worse! I'm back teaching in the high school - Psychology this time - and way down in my usual love troubles (or love mess if you prefer). I often wonder why that affects my mood so much given that I'm more or less satisfied about the other areas of my life. Then, last week, I had to teach Erik Erikson's Personality Development Stages Theory and I realised that building a fullfilling love relationship is exactly the task of my age, necessary to efficently pass to the next one (all about 'generativity', expressing self in 'work', broadly speaking). 
Yes, that explains many things. So getting back to the previous stage, maybe I failed to define who I am or what I could be. Honestly I find it hard to do that, I think I'm 'me' and that is quite vague, agreed, nevertheless more realistic than 'I'm a teacher' or 'I'm a reporter' or even 'I'm a mom'. I'm sorry but I can't make me fit in just one (or two) cathegory. 
Anyway Erikson could be right because I keep finding (or being found) by very interesting, beautiful men... scarcely able to build anything at all. At least with me. Unfortunately I fell badly in love some years ago and that also doesn't help when it comes to be reasonable about a possible partner: I tend to exclude anybody - 'him' excluded! - or to be too optimist - I'm fed up to be alone!. 
Sum up, I remain with nothing trying to understand what went wrong this time and finally ending with: "Who cares? all I want is him". Where of course I can't have 'him'. Does it sound familiar? tell me I'm not the only one!
FORTUNATELY there is CYCLOCROSS.
Stage5_news
Tour of Beijing Final Results
1 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team 17:59:57  
2 Daniel Martin (Irl) Garmin Sharp 0:00:03  
3 Johan Esteban Chaves Rubio (Col) Orica-GreenEdge 0:00:09  
4 Rui Alberto Faria Da Costa (Por) Lampre-Merida 0:00:11  
5 Sergey Chernetski (Rus) Team Katusha 0:00:23  
6 Warren Barguil (Fra) Team Giant-Shimano  
7 Julian Arredondo Moreno (Col) Trek Factory Racing  
8 Rinaldo Nocentini (Ita) Ag2r-La Mondiale  
9 Rigoberto Uran Uran (Col) Omega Pharma-QuickStep  
10 Mikael Chérel (Fra) Ag2r-La Mondiale 0:00:26  
11 Pieter Serry (Bel) Omega Pharma-QuickStep  
12 David Lopez Garcia (Spa) Team Sky  
13 Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez (Spa) BMC Racing Team  
14 Bryan Nauleau (Fra) Team Europcar 0:00:44  
15 Steven Kruijswijk (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 0:00:47  
16 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Garmin Sharp 0:00:48  
17 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:00:54  
18 Philip Deignan (Irl) Team Sky  
19 Fabrice Jeandesboz (Fra) Team Europcar 0:01:00  

20 Vladimir Gusev (Rus) Team Katusha

Stage 1  MEZGEC Luka   MEZGEC Luka 167
Stage 2  GILBERT Philippe   GILBERT Philippe 111
Stage 3  FARRAR Tyler   GILBERT Philippe 176
Stage 4  MARTIN Daniel   GILBERT Philippe 157
Stage 5  MODOLO Sacha   117
General Classification GILBERT Philippe  

Points Classification FARRAR Tyler  
Mountains Classification GOłAś Michał 
Best Youth CHAVES Rubio Johan Esteban 

No comments: