11.30.2014

A pic from Paris: Andy Schleck (finally) got his TdF trophy

Andy Schleck with the Vase de Sèvres for the 2010 Tour de France.
According to Le Quotidien (and Cyclingnews in English) "the presentation was arranged by Luxembourg’s minister for foreign affairs, Jean Asselborn who said that he had taken note of Schleck’s disappointment at missing out on the Vase de Sèvres in an interview a couple of years ago:
“After he was disqualified, Contador never handed back the trophy. In October, when Andy took the decision to end his career, I said to myself that that was the moment, especially as I knew that François Hollande was a fan of Andy. He had spoken about him to me many times. He adored his style, his class on the bike…”
In add Andy and family have been received by France President Hollande in a private reception at the Élysées Palace:
“I am very honoured to have met Monsieur Le President,” Andy tweeted: Finally after 4 years.”

No comments: