2.08.2015

Etoile de Besseges: YEAH Bob Jungels!

Embedded image permalink
Bob Jungels:
It’s special, I don’t feel it yet, I am still tired. I think it will take time to sink in. It was not a huge race, but it was hard and it’s never bad to have a victory – especially the first one in the season. And, for me I was working super hard this winter, and it’s nice to be rewarded for that.
I felt good already in the warm up. I was confident about my power, and I was calm before the start and not nervous at all. After two minutes I looked at my SRM power and saw good numbers. But I could also tell because your body has an internal clock, and I could feel that I was going well.
We had a real good reference from Riccardo (Zoidl), which helped a lot. The last 1.5 kms was hard, pretty steep, but I knew that I could take time in the flat already so it was not a big concern. When I reached the final uphill I knew I had a good gap and I just had to manage my pace to the top. Then in the last 500 meters I went all out.”

DS Alain Gallopin:
“Bob had 20 seconds on Riccardo [Zoidl] at the start of the final climb and he kept the same gap by the top, and it was the same with my nephew Tony [Gallopin], he also held the same gap from bottom to top. We decided to not take any risks in the final climb, just to keep the same rhythm, and that worked out perfect. The climb was around 3kms, it started gradual but then got really steep. At the top it was very, very difficult and if you go too hard from the bottom you can pay in the last part.
I am very, very happy because it’s never easy to control a race, especially when you don’t have the leader’s jersey. But I knew from the start that Bob [Jungels] could win the overall, and after all the hard work by the team this week they really deserve this.” 

RESULTS
04.02 Stage 1 - Bellegarde › Beaucaire BOECKMANS Kris GC  BOECKMANS Kris 152
05.02 Stage 2 - Nîmes › Les Fumades JANS Roy GC BOECKMANS Kris 155
06.02 Stage 3 - Bessèges › Bessèges COQUARD Bryan  GC THEUNS Edward 152.6
07.02 Stage 4 - L'Ardoise › Laudun GALLOPIN Tony  GC THEUNS Edward 156.3
08.02 Stage 5 (ITT) - Alès › Alès JUNGELS Bob 12
08.02 General Classification JUNGELS Bob
ITT
1 Bob Jungels (Lux) Trek Factory Racing 0:17:40
2 Tony Gallopin (Fra) Lotto-Soudal 0:00:18
3 Fabio Felline (Ita) Trek Factory Racing 0:00:20
4 Riccardo Zoidl (Aut) Trek Factory Racing 0:00:21
5 Pierre-Roger Latour (Fra) Ag2r La Mondiale 0:00:25
6 Maxime Monfort (Bel) Lotto-Soudal 0:00:26
7 Alexis Gougeard (Fra) Ag2r La Mondiale 0:00:29
8 Jonathan Hivert (Fra) Bretagne-Seche 0:00:31
9 Kris Boeckmans (Bel) Lotto-Soudal 0:00:32
10 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ 0:00:33

FINAL GC
1 Bob Jungels (Lux) Trek Factory Racing 15:43:21
2 Tony Gallopin (Fra) Lotto-Soudal 0:00:09
3 Kris Boeckmans (Bel) Lotto-Soudal 0:00:10
4 Alexis Gougeard (Fra) Ag2r La Mondiale 0:00:17
5 Edward Theuns (Bel) Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise 0:00:20
6 Cyril Gautier (Fra) Europcar 0:00:22
7 Pierre-Roger Latour (Fra) Ag2r La Mondiale 0:00:30
8 Maxime Monfort (Bel) Lotto-Soudal 0:00:31
9 Eliot Lietar (Bel) Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise
10 Pim Ligthart (Ned) Lotto-Soudal 0:00:35

No comments: