2.12.2015

In Short: Ben Swift said...

There is an interview here.

In Short:

1. Milano-Sanremo: “It’s the one thing I’ve been thinking about all winter. On paper it was always a race that suited my style of racing and then to go there and get that result last year gave me the confidence to set it as a target."
2. A good winter: "I think the biggest difference is I’ve had no setbacks this winter, I’ve had no injuries. I had a solid year last year where I got a full race season in".
3. Classics: “I would like to step back into the classics group a little bit. Obviously the races that suit me [are] around that time.”
4. Tour de Yorkshire: “[I’ll] definitely to try and win a stage first and foremost. There’s no time trial, there’s going to be select groups hitting the finish line so it could be a good race to try to perform in overall. It’s a home race so I’ll have good motivation.”
5. British National Road Race: “You get to wear that jersey for a year, and it’s a race that we actually get to race in a completely different way than we normally race. It’s good just to attack your teammates. I enjoyed that last year with me and Pete going at each other a little. But this year it’s going to be pretty tough; it’s got an uphill cobbles finish on Michaelgate, so it’ll be a good race.”
6. Back on the track for the Omnium at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio? “It all depends on how it goes really, with like the team pursuit and stuff. I’ve gone down the road of trying to do the team pursuit but, I haven’t really got any ambitions to be in that team pursuit [squad], and whether that then has a impact on how you get selected for the omnium.  At the moment trying to qualify for the omnium with the points and stuff it’s just so hard to do the races that you need to do. They’ve made doing the track so hard, it’s just making it very selective of who can ride it and stuff like that. It just puts a different perspective on it.”

No comments: