2.18.2015

Ruta del Sol 1b: Moreno is the Fastest and Contador gets the lead

Embedded image permalinkAlberto Contador:
“I'm happy because this has been a good day overall, not as much for the result I achieved, which is always welcome, but mainly for the feeling I had regarding my form. Leading the GC is, obviously, a good start, but it isn't significant. The differences between the riders are minute and we still have many kilometers ahead of us.  
This morning, I fortunately escaped from the crash. It was a very dangerous situation and I was very lucky. I was sitting in sixth position inside the group and just four riders separated me from the crash. It is the first time I take part in the Vuelta a Andalucia and I am delighted to be here. However, we still have four stages left and tomorrow is another day”


Wilco Kelderman: 
“Too bad, I just miss out on a victory, but I gave my all.
Today’s course was perfect for me, technically and difficult. This was my first race with the new Bianchi time trial bike. Bianchi worked really hard on this bike. I’ve trained a lot with it lately, so this result is a real confidence-booster.
I didn’t crash too hard this morning, I fell on a pile of riders, but my overall is gone and that sucks.”

Jay Thomson
"The morning stage was really easy until about 25km to go when the crosswinds started to come into play. With no team really committed to making it split and everyone still having fresh legs, it was destined to be crazy in the final. Steve, Matt and myself were right in front to set up Tyler for the sprint but an AG2R rider touched wheels and took out 3 of us among the 30 odd other guys in the bunch. Tyler managed to get through with Steve and with no help still managed 5th. It is disappointing though because as a team we definitely had more in us for today but at least we all walk away with minor injuries."  

RESULTS
ITT

1 Javier Moreno (Spa) Movistar Team 0:09:51
2 Wilco Kelderman (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo 0:00:02
3 Jerome Coppel (Fra) IAM Cycling 0:00:04
4 Alberto Contador (Spa) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:00:06
5 Benat Intxausti (Spa) Movistar Team 0:00:07
6 Bob Jungels (Lux) Trek Factory Racing 0:00:08
7 Gorka Izagirre (Spa) Movistar Team 0:00:11
8 Jérôme Pineau (Fra) IAM Cycling
9 Vasil Kiryienka (Blr) Team Sky 0:00:13
10 Christopher Froome (GBr) Team Sky 0:00:14
GC
1 Alberto Contador (Spa) Tinkoff-Saxo
2 Bob Jungels (Lux) Trek Factory Racing
3 Benat Intxausti (Spa) Movistar Team 0:00:01

No comments: