2.19.2015

Tour of Oman 3: Kristoff Kicks Again

Embedded image permalink
Aleksander Kristoff:
“Today was about getting into the best position by having the stronger team and today we showed that we have a really good team for this.
It was a headwind sprint and it was a long one. We were caught at the back with about 5km to go and then we moved to the front. It was great team-work and I was in a perfect condition. I was in the wheel of Van Poppel I think, from Trek. He started off a little bit early in the wind and then I could take the win.
This is something different to the classics. Yesterday I was not there so I think the classics will be really hard but I hope to improve in the climbs in the next months."

Danny Van Poppel:
“The team did such a good job and I was fifth. I am not so happy, I wanted to bring the guys a win. With 200meters to go [Gert] Steegmans had done such a great lead out, I was in the best position that I could wish. It was perfect… I really want to win.
With two kilometers to go we had five or six guys in front in a sprint train. For me that was really motivating. It’s really nice to have Fabian [Cancellara] there to help, because he is preparing for the Classics and he knows how to take the right risks. I really appreciate that, and it makes my job easy. I wish that I could have given them the win.”

MORE TO COME

RESULTS
STAGE 
1 Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Katusha 3:56:42
2 Andrea Guardini (Ita) Astana Pro Team
3 Matteo Pelucchi (Ita) IAM Cycling
4 Danny Van Poppel (Ned) Trek Factory Racing
5 Nacer Bouhanni (Fra) Cofidis
6 Sacha Modolo (Ita) Lampre-Merida
7 Matti Breschel (Den) Tinkoff-Saxo
8 Ramon Sinkeldam (Ned Giant-Alpecin
9 Adam Blythe (Gbr) Orica GreenEdge
Embedded image permalink10 Tom Boonen (Bel) Etixx-QuickStep
GC
1 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Trek Factory Racing 12:18:56
2 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Movistar Team 0:00:04
3 Patrick Konrad (Aut) Bora-Argon 18 0:00:05
4 Greg Van Avermaet (Bel) BMC Racing Team 0:00:06
5 Peter Sagan (Svk) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:00:10
6 Damiano Caruso (Ita) BMC Racing Team
7 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team
8 Andriy Grivko (Ukr) Astana Pro Team
9 Rafael Valls (Esp) Lampre-Merida
10 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team

No comments: