2.11.2015

Tour of Qatar: In short - Luke Rowe Goes For The Overall

Embedded image permalinkThere is an interview here.

In Short:

Luke Rowe:
I’m racing here for the overall and not concentrating on the young rider’s jersey. That’s just something that comes with the package when you’re going for GC.
I’ve been in the front echelons pretty much all of the time in the race and it’s just about being in the right place at the right time and then having the legs to back it up of course. We’ve also got Ian Stannard in third and he’s one second off second, so we’re both here to get on that podium and I don’t think there’s a reason why Ian can’t win the race.
You can respect Ettixx-OPQS as a team but you can’t give them too much respect. They’re human. As a team they might be a bit stronger than we are but as individuals, they’re not. For sure, if we get a chance to take them on we’ll do everything we can.
I think it’s about taking the initiative. So if there’s a chance to split it, don’t wait for someone else to do it. We need to do it ourselves. If we can try and catch them off-guard and stick it in the gutter when they’re not there, we’ll be looking to do that.
I’m feeling really good with where I am. Also in the races I’ve done before I’ve felt okay in the Tour Down Under and then finished fourth in the Cadel Evans race. The results and the form are starting to come and that’s a promising sign ahead of the Classics.
I’d say the step for me started in the middle of last season. I stepped up a bit with the Vuelta and the Worlds and just finished the season on a high with a lot more confidence. Then came a good winter and it’s gone from there. 
I’ve done that little bit of extra training, lost that little bit more weight and again confidence gained has been important.”

No comments: