3.06.2015

In Short: Family First - No Tirreno-Adriatico for Robert Gesink

There is an article here, mostly based on LottoNL-Jumbo press release.
In Short:
1. A challenging fatherhood: In September Gesink abandoned the last Vuelta a España to be by his pregnant partner who had to undergo two surgeries before giving birth to Bram. He got recently sick and once again for Gesink family comes first.
2. Switching Focus to Cycling: "I'm glad my son Bram will leave the hospital today. The last couple of weeks, I was only concerned about my family. That's why I won’t be able to reach my desired level in Tirreno-Adriatico. I made a false start in the Tour of Algarve and I didn’t gain the intensity I wanted. Now, with Bram back at home, I don’t have to worry that much anymore and I can focus on bike riding again. I’m going to prepare myself for the Tour of the Basque Country via other races."
3. Tom Van Asbroeck New Leader: DS Erik Dekker: "We have other plans. Our goal was top ten with Robert, but that’s going to be difficult now. However, we are flexible and we’ll start the race with new ambitions. With Tom Van Asbroeck we aim to be in the sprints. Winning is going to be hard with Marcel Kittel, Mark Cavendish and Peter Sagan, but to get in the mix for a third or fourth place is a good goal." Van Asbroeck said: "Last weekend was pretty good, although winning is better, of course. My fourth place felt a bit like a consolation prize. It’s my first time (at a WorldTour race), a whole new world is opening up for me. The level of racing will be very high with all the top sprinters involved. It’s going to be a good opportunity to learn new things and become stronger."
4. LottoNL-Jumbo for Strade Bianche: Rick Flens, Paul Martens, Sep Vanmarcke, Robert Wagner and Kevin De Weert.
5. LottoNL-Jumbo for Tirreno-Adriatico: Tom Van Asbroeck, Laurens ten Dam, Rick Flens, Tom Leezer, Paul Martens, Sep Vanmarcke, Robert Wagner and Kevin De Weert.

No comments: