3.20.2015

Nizzolo Nets GP Nobili

Embedded image permalinkGiacomo Nizzolo:
“In the end I took the wheel of Valverde who was helping take Lobato to the front, but I was left with 300 meters to go and I had no choice but to go long. It was a long sprint and I was scared I would be passed in the last meters.
The first lap I was suffering more over the climb and I was feeling better the second time. I must say a big thanks to all my team. Fabian [Cancellara] was a big help to pace me over the two climbs and then Fabio [Felline] was there at the end; I don’t want to miss naming anyone because everyone on the team played a big part of this win today.
Today the race was crazy, we went over the fastest average speed they predicted, I think we did something like 46km/h and the fastest time was for 44km/h.  It was really hard and fast from the start.
I was not worried when Valverde and Rebellin were off the front – with these two riders I expect this – and they were only two and two teams were pulling full gas behind.” 

RESULTS
1 Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita) Trek Factory Racing  
2 Simone Ponzi (Ita) Southeast  
3 Marco Haller (Aut) Team Katusha

No comments: