3.09.2015

Paris-Nice 1: Kristoff (and more)

Embedded image permalinkThomas Voeckler's faces couldn't avoid the unavoidable bunch sprint and Aleksander Kristoff won. 
Good intermediate sprint for Geraint Thomas who went taking some points (3rd). Bad crash for Tom Boonen.

MORE TO COME

Etixx Quick Step doctor Yvan van Mol:
"An AC-joint dislocation, as we've already seen with other riders of the team with the same kind of injury, requires an extended time of recovery due to the nature of the injury. Unfortunately, because of the injury and the time it takes to recover, Boonen will not be able to participate in the Northern Classics. Tomorrow Tom will undergo further examination in Belgium to diagnose the grade of the dislocation and determine if surgery is necessary based on the grade."

Giacomo Nizzolo:
“I feel that we are a big step higher than last year with our teamwork in the sprints. Everything was going well for us, but we had bad luck in the last corner with 1K to go. Some guys braked ahead of us, and Gert [Steegmans] and I had to brake also, and we almost crashed.
I lost Gert’s wheel and I had to go on my own to the front to get into position, and I spent a lot of energy. Once they started the sprint I was in pretty good position, but I felt the effort that I had to do to a couple hundred meters before.

When I get the legs, my best shape, with this team and how they are riding this year, I think we can win a lot. I really feel that we are in a good way.”

RESULTS
Stage 
1 Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Team Katusha 5:15:18  
2 Nacer Bouhanni (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits  
3 Bryan Coquard (Fra) Team Europcar  
4 Heinrich Haussler (Aus) IAM Cycling  
5 Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita) Trek Factory Racing  
6 Jose Joaquin Rojas (Spa) Movistar Team  
7 Moreno Hofland (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo  
8 Niccolo Bonifazio (Ita) Lampre-Merida  
9 Ben Swift (GBr) Team Sky  
10 Michael Matthews (Aus) Orica GreenEdge
GC
1 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Etixx - Quick-Step 5:22:58  
2 Rohan Dennis (Aus) BMC Racing Team  
3 Tony Martin (Ger) Etixx - Quick-Step 0:00:07  
4 John Degenkolb (Ger) Team Giant-Alpecin 0:00:09  
5 Luis Leon Sanchez (Spa) Astana Pro Team 0:00:10  
6 Lars Boom (Ned) Astana Pro Team  
7 Michael Matthews (Aus) Orica GreenEdge  
8 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) IAM Cycling  
9 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Giant-Alpecin 0:00:13  
10 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Sky  

No comments: