3.09.2015

Tirreno-Adriatico: Chest infection Forces Froome out

Chris Froome:"This is obviously frustrating after the good start that I've had to the season, but it's a minor setback. I've been ill for a few days now and unfortunately I couldn't shake it off in time for the race.
After speaking with the doctors we decided as a precaution that it would be best to take a few days off the bike to recover fully. 
We’re only at the start of the season and I should be fine to race the Volta a Catalunya later this month.
We have a very strong team going into Tirreno-Adriatico. The mood in the camp is great. I’ll be following the race closely and wish my team-mates all the best."

Team Sky's Tirreno-Adriatico line-up:
Vasil Kiryienka, Leopold König, Mikel Nieve, Wout Poels, Salvatore Puccio, Kanstantsin Siutsou, Ian Stannard and Elia Viviani.

No comments: