4.22.2015

Giro del Trentino 2: Richie Porte Takes Stage and Jersey

Embedded image permalink
Richie Porte:
"It’s nice to come here and win a stage like today,. It was such a hard stage. It was great to see Bora honour the jersey and do the work they did. But credit to my team and especially Kosta Siutsou – he was incredible today. I’m really happy with how it turned out.

It’s a beautiful region of Italy. The scenery is spectacular but I’m here to win this race. It’s the last big hit out for me before the Giro. I’m happy with where my form is going into the Giro d’Italia.
I didn’t feel at my best today. I came down from altitude on Friday, but to win with legs like I had today is a massive confidence booster. But it’s a team sport and the work the guys put in today for me was the cherry on top of the icing on the cake.
Embedded image permalinkIan Boswell has really stepped up this year and he attacked at the beginning of the penultimate climb which helped force the selection. Then it came back and it was the Kosta show. He paced rode the whole climb. We talked on the bus this morning that we wanted to have four guys at the bottom of the last climb and we had that. That’s what set me up for the win. There was no other team with as many numbers there as we had."

RESULTS
STAGE

1 Richie Porte
2 Mikel Landa +16
3 Damiano Cunego +32
4 Leopold König
5 Rodolfo Torres
6 Edoardo Zardini
7 Dario Cataldo +43
GC
1 Richie Porte (Aus) Team Sky
2 Mikel Landa Meana (Spa) Astana Pro Team
3 Leopold Konig (Cze) Team Sky

No comments: