4.24.2015

Giro del Trentino 3: A Great Pozzovivo

Embedded image permalink
Once I said I very like Pozzovivo but maybe he had miss the train. Well: he grabbed it again! I'm very glad because he's one of the best and more serious Italian riders in the peloton. For sure by AG2r he found the right milieu and a very strong support.
As far as Richie Porte... nothing can stop him this year, can it?

Domenico Pozzovivo:
"We worked efficiently the day before but it didn’t succeed. Today, our tactic was perfect and I warmly thank Hubert Dupont and Hugo Houle in the breakaway. I knew that I could play my card. I took advantage of Romain Bardet’s attack because I didn't have to make efforts. I finished the amazing job of the whole team. I haven’t won two races in the same season since 2012. I hope that my form will last."

Team Sky DS Dario Cioni about Richie Porte:
"The course was a tough one today. Yesterday the climbs were more concentrated at the end of the stage, where as today they were spread throughout the stage. Xabi and Boswell did a really good job early on and took us into the penultimate climb, keeping control of things. They did a really good job there.
Then on the final climb we knew if the pace stayed high, even if someone attacked, they couldn't gain too much. It's a good way to defend. Keep the pace high and force any guys who attack to go into the red.
We're one step closer now heading into the final stage. We know any stage can be difficult depend on what the other teams do. It's a different type of stage and one that will suit a bigger number of riders. We want to bring home the victory and we'll do everything we can to finish it off."

RESULTS
STAGE
1 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 4:54:12
2 Mikel Landa Meana (Spa) Astana Pro Team 0:00:05
3 Richie Porte (Aus) Team Sky
4 Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
5 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Nippo - Vini Fantini
6 Rodolfo Torres (Col) Colombia 0:00:13
7 Dario Cataldo (Ita) Astana Pro Team 0:00:15
8 Diego Rosa (Ita) Astana Pro Team
9 Louis Meintjes (RSA) MTN - Qhubeka 0:00:17
10 Leopold Konig (Cze) Team Sky
GC
1 Richie Porte (Aus) Team Sky 9:44:45
2 Mikel Landa Meana (Spa) Astana Pro Team 0:00:22
3 Leopold Konig (Cze) Team Sky 0:00:58
4 Dario Cataldo (Ita) Astana Pro Team 0:01:11
5 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Nippo - Vini Fantini 0:01:13
6 José Mendes (Por) Bora-Argon 18 0:01:15
7 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 0:01:32
8 Louis Meintjes (RSA) MTN - Qhubeka 0:01:33
9 Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0:01:34
10 Edoardo Zardini (Ita) Bardiani CSF 0:01:37

No comments: