4.24.2015

Giro del Trentino 4: Tiralongo's Triumph, and Porte put it in the pocket

Photo published for Tiralongo l'étape, Porte sacré
Richie Porte:
"It's always nice to win any race. It would have been nice if a few more of the Giro favourites were here but you can only race the guys who turn up to race. For me I think it was a fantastic preparation race for the Giro. I'm happy with where I'm at and I felt better each day.
It's two more weeks until the Giro starts. I can go home, rest, recover and take great confidence in this race as it wasn't easy.
You look back to two years ago Vincenzo (Nibali) won here. It looks like it is the race to come and do before you go and race the Giro. I'm looking forward to the next few days looking at the decisive stages of the Giro."
Embedded image permalink

Louis Meintjes:
"I am really happy to have won the white jersey once again. I want to thank my team who were just so amazing once again today. My legs were feeling really good during today's stage and I just hope that they can feel the same on Sunday for Liege-Bastogne-Liege."

MORE TO COME

RESULTS
STAGE

1 Paolo Tiralongo (Astana)
2 David Arroyo (Caja Rural)
3 Fabio Duarte (Colombia).
FINAL GC
1st Richie Porte (Team Sky)
2nd Mikel Landa Meana (Astana)
3rd Leopold Koning (Team Sky)
4th Dario Cataldo (Astana)
5th Damiano Cunego (Fantini-Nippo)
6th Josè Pimenta (Bora-Argon)
7th Domenico Pozzovivo (AG2R La Mondiale)
8th Louis Meintjes (MTN-Qubeka)
9th Romain Bardet (AG2R La Mondiale)
10th Edoardo Zardini (Bardiani CSF)

Embedded image permalinkRed Jersey: Cesare Benedetti

No comments: