4.07.2015

Itzulia 2: Fabulous Felline!

Embedded image permalinkFabio Felline:
“I did not wait for Matthews, today I started my sprint first. I was in good position at the end and I was right to go early. Honestly though, I felt bad all day, but the team came to me and said, ‘Fabio, you are our leader, you can make a good sprint; just try, try.’  My morale went up, and then in the end I won. I have to thank them so much for believing in me when I didn’t. I am so happy.
I know I have good legs and I came here with the intention to win a stage. With 40k to go I had a puncture, but the team was there to help me.  All day they trusted in me. It is thanks to my team that I won. This is a dream.
Here we don’t have a team to help in the sprints with a lead out or anything. What the team did for me today was to support me, keep me safe, and really help with my morale. I managed the sprint myself by jumping in the wheels of the other teams.
First I had the wheel of Kwiatkowski at the end, until the last roundabouts where I went right and jumped in the wheels of Orica GreenEdge.  Out of the final roundabout I was in third position on the wheel of Matthews. I think at 200-250 meters I started my sprint - I didn’t wait, I jumped first."


RESULTS
STGE
1 Fabio Felline (Ita) Trek Factory Racing 4:32:32
2 Michael Matthews (Aus) Orica GreenEdge
3 Tony Gallopin (Fra) Lotto Soudal
4 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Etixx - Quick-Step
5 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team
6 Kévin Reza (Fra) FDJ.fr
7 Julien Simon (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits
8 Pello Bilbao (Spa) Caja Rural-Seguros RGA
9 Valerio Agnoli (Ita) Astana Pro Team
10 Gianni Meersman (Bel) Etixx - Quick-Step
GC
1 Michael Matthews (Aus) Orica GreenEdge 8:29:39
2 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Etixx - Quick-Step
3 Fabio Felline (Ita) Trek Factory Racing
4 Tony Gallopin (Fra) Lotto Soudal
5 Kévin Reza (Fra) FDJ.fr
6 Julien Simon (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits
7 Valerio Agnoli (Ita) Astana Pro Team
8 Pello Bilbao (Spa) Caja Rural-Seguros RGA
9 Daniel Moreno Fernandez (Spa) Team Katusha
10 Petr Vakoc (Cze) Etixx - Quick-Step
11 Alexis Vuillermoz (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
12 Janier Acevedo (Col) Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling Team
13 Tony Martin (Ger) Etixx - Quick-Step
14 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team
15 Luis Leon Sanchez (Spa) Astana Pro Team
16 Samuel Sanchez (Spa) BMC Racing Team
17 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Giant-Alpecin
18 Rui Costa (Por) Lampre-Merida
19 Romain Hardy (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits
20 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Trek Factory Racing

No comments: