5.14.2015

California: Sagan finally

Embedded image permalinkPeter Sagan:
“I want to dedicate this victory to Maciej Bodnar because he had a very bad crash and had to go home. Then, I want to thank all my teammates, who did a lot of work in the crosswinds to get me in a position to take this win. In the finish, we lost Bennati due to a flat tire with three kilometers to go, but Breschel, Mørkøv and McCarthy did a very good job in the last two kilometers to bring me to the front, while Cavendish were a bit behind in the last turns. 
Embedded image permalink
Sagan and his wife
It was a technical sprint and before the final corners I was a bit behind but regained positions in the corners just before the finishing straight. I remember this finish from last year, but it was different back then, where Jens Voigt won. But I knew the corners and I could make sure that I went into the sprint in a good position.
I think this victory is good for everybody, for me and for the team. I’ve been a pro for six years and perhaps it’s getting more difficult to win, as everybody is looking to me in the finales unlike my first years, where I was surprising everybody. Pressure or no pressure, sometimes you win, sometimes you don’t, and today I’m just happy to take the victory”

Mark Cavendish:
"On a positive note, actually really happy for @petosagan getting the win. The guy's a superstar."

GET WELL SOON MACIEJ!

RESULTS
STAGE

1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Tinkoff-Saxo 4:06:56
2 Wouter Wippert (Ned) Drapac Professional Cycling
3 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Etixx - Quick-Step
4 Lucas Sebastian Haedo (Arg) Jamis - Hagens Berman
5 Tyler Farrar (USA) MTN - Qhubeka
6 Jasper Stuyven (Bel) Trek Factory Racing
7 Jempy Drucker (Lux) BMC Racing Team
8 Daniel Oss (Ita) BMC Racing Team
9 Jure Kocjan (Slo) Team SmartStop
10 John Murphy (USA) UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling
GC
1 Toms Skujins (Lat) Hincapie Racing Team 18:10:57
2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:00:22
3 Rob Britton (Can) Team SmartStop 0:00:43
4 Julian Alaphilippe (Fra) Etixx - Quick-Step 0:00:44
5 Daniel Alexander Jaramillo Diez (Col) Jamis - Hagens Berman
6 Robert Gesink (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo 0:00:47
7 Ben Hermans (Bel) BMC Racing Team
8 Dion Smith (NZl) Hincapie Racing Team
9 Lawson Craddock (USA) Team Giant-Alpecin
10 Jay McCarthy (Aus) Tinkoff-Saxo

No comments: