5.16.2015

California: Speedy King Sagan

Peter Sagan:
“I was feeling in great shape today and this shorter race course helped me. This morning I was feeling confident and I believed I could make it. I was aiming at the yellow jersey without focusing on a stage victory but I got both. I tried, I gave my best and I'm happy with the result. My sports director Patxi Vila was following me in the team car and as he was giving me my intermediate times, I saw I was getting faster, which made me confident in the fact that I would have a big advantage.
Over the winter, I spent more time on my time-trial position and carried out tests in the Specialized wind tunnel as well as on race tracks in Europe after Paris-Roubaix. That had, undoubtedly, a positive impact on my time-trial performance. If Maciej Bodnar had been here, I am sure he would have won and we could have had two Tinkoff-Saxo riders on the podium. Tomorrow, I will try to be in the front and go for the GC but I don't know because of my weight whether I will be able to do that”. 

RESULTS
ITT

1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:12:32
2 Jos van Emden (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo 0:00:15
3 Julian Alaphilippe (Fra) Etixx - Quick-Step 0:00:19
4 Joey Rosskopf (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:20
5 Daniele Bennati (Ita) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:00:22
6 Tom Zirbel (USA) Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies 0:00:26
7 Sergio Luis Henao Montoya (Col) Team Sky
8 Jay McCarthy (Aus) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:00:27
9 Robert Gesink (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo
10 Daniel Oss (Ita) BMC Racing Team 0:00:28
GC
1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Tinkoff-Saxo 22:15:23
2 Toms Skujins (Lat) Hincapie Racing Team 0:00:28
3 Julian Alaphilippe (Fra) Etixx - Quick-Step 0:00:45
4 Joey Rosskopf (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:49
5 Sergio Luis Henao Montoya (Col) Team Sky 0:00:55
6 Jay McCarthy (Aus) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:00:56
7 Robert Gesink (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo
8 Ben King (USA) Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling Team 0:00:58
9 Dion Smith (NZl) Hincapie Racing Team 0:01:03
10 Haimar Zubeldia Aguirre (Spa) Trek Factory Racing 0:01:04

No comments: