6.16.2015

Tour de Suisse 4: pour roulleurs...


Embedded image permalink

I can't get really interested in this Tour de Suisse. It looks a different race and in spite of all those mountains winners' names show it. After Sagan, now BLING Matthews. 
And Ton Dumoulin still in Yellow, as to say... now it's true that Tour de France best preparation is Dauphiné.


Michael Matthews:
“My teammate Michael Albasini, who lives near this area, said he’d love to go for this stage because it’s near his home but that it’s probably a better sprint for me.  It’s incredible for a guy of that experience and that I have so much respect for, to help me in a final like this. It’s really special.”

Tom Dumoulin:
“It was a difficult day with a hard finale. By setting a high pace at the local circuit, Orica GreenEDGE and Tinkoff – Saxo tried to drop the sprinters. Fortunately, Warren was there to keep John and me in the front, which was really nice.
During the final kilometers, there was a risk of splits in the bunch so we were unable to do a proper sprint preparation for John unfortunately, as I had to fight for my own position. It turned out to be the right decision because I only lust kept my lead.”
Embedded image permalink
Jasper Stuyven:
“I was in really good position, but I didn’t have the power I think, especially if you look at the four guys in front of me and this kind of finish,” explained Stuyven. “It was a good finish for me normally. With 500 meters to go, [Daryl] Impey swung off and Van Avermaet slowed down, and then I was forced to accelerate again and there I missed some power. It was uphill the last kilometer, and when you go full gas and then have to slow down you feel the legs fill with lactic acid, and then you have to start again. If you look at the sprint it was all strung out – it was a really hard finish, and a really hard day today. I am happy; of course you always wish to do more, but if I look at the guys in front of me…I need to work on some power, I think.”
Embedded image permalink
Stijn Devolder:
“They didn’t give us so much time, not more than four minutes; it was a very hard day. There was a very long way to go when we went, and I didn’t believe we were going to make it to the end since there are a few teams here that have only one or two chances for results. I expected they would chase us down. But it was the team plan for a few of us to try and get in the break to make it easier for the others. It was good for me to be in the break, to confirm my condition, so it was good in the end, but it was a super hard day.”

Robert Gesink:
“Today’s stage was pretty tough, a lot tougher than on paper. There’s a reason that a reduced peloton crossed the line here. I came with speed from behind in the sprint, but when the pace lowered, I got boxed in on the turn. When the sprinters accelerated, I could not follow. I’m satisfied with my level so far, though. I felt good all day today. Hopefully it’s the same tomorrow.”

Greg Van Avermaet:
"On a finish line this, you can get boxed in, so I waited a few moments to launch my sprint. I went a little bit too early in the sprint. For sure, it would be hard to beat Matthews in a sprint like this. But I tried and I am pretty happy with my third place." 


RESULTS
STAGE

1 Michael Matthews (Aus) Orica GreenEdge 4:36:00
2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Tinkoff-Saxo
3 Greg Van Avermaet (Bel) BMC Racing Team
4 John Degenkolb (Ger) Team Giant-Alpecin
5 Jasper Stuyven (Bel) Trek Factory Racing
6 Daniel Moreno Fernandez (Spa) Team Katusha
7 Silvan Dillier (Swi) BMC Racing Team
8 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ.fr
9 Matteo Trentin (Ita) Etixx - Quick-Step
10 Robert Gesink (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo
GC
1 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Giant-Alpecin 11:19:08
2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:00:01
3 Daniel Moreno Fernandez (Spa) Team Katusha 0:00:09
4 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ.fr 0:00:16
5 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team 0:00:18
6 Steve Morabito (Swi) FDJ.fr 0:00:19
7 Julian Arredondo (Col) Trek Factory Racing 0:00:23
8 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Sky 0:00:28
9 Miguel Angel Lopez (Col) Astana Pro Team 0:00:30
10 Simon Spilak (Slo) Team Katusha 0:00:32

No comments: