6.18.2015

Tour de Suisse 6: Sagan again


Embedded image permalinkThere was a break-away - Axel Domont, Marek Rutkiewicz, Mateh Mohoric, Jérome Baugnies - but it end up to a sprint. And Sagan won.

Peter Sagan:
“It was very crazy in the finale. We did a good lead-out train the last two-three kilometers, as in the headwind everybody wanted to be at the front. I took the penultimate turn to the left a little bit back but I gained more speed and I was in second position before the last turn thanks to great help from Bennati. I could start the last part of my sprint after the corner and I won the stage. 
I am very happy and today my team once again supported me and thanks to them I could take my second stage win this year. It was a very technical finish but I don’t think that it was too dangerous. In fact, if everybody can be at the front it’s more difficult than if the front is stretched out.
I'm very happy with the result and I'd like to thank the entire team because they have executed the lead-out train at the finish. Ferdi Kübler and Hugo Koblet are the record-holders in the Tour de Suisse with 11 stage wins each and now I’m alongside them. Tomorrow, we will try to beat that record!". 

RESULTS
STAGE

1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Tinkoff-Saxo 4:34:43  
2 Jurgen Roelandts (Bel) Lotto Soudal  
3 Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Team Katusha 4 Jean-Pierre Drucker (Lux) BMC Racing Team 
5 Daniele Bennati (Ita) Tinkoff-Saxo  
6 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Etixx - Quick-Step 0:00:02  
7 Tom Van Asbroeck (Bel) Team LottoNL-Jumbo  
8 Alexey Lutsenko (Kaz) Astana Pro Team  
9 Borut Bozic (Slo) Astana Pro Team  
Embedded image permalink10 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team  
11 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Sky  
12 Jacopo Guarnieri (Ita) Team Katusha 0:00:07  
13 Jasper Stuyven (Bel) Trek Factory Racing  
14 Jose Joaquin Rojas (Spa) Movistar Team  
15 Simon Spilak (Slo) Team Katusha  
16 Arnaud Demare (Fra) FDJ.fr  
17 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Giant-Alpecin  
18 Steve Morabito (Swi) FDJ.fr  
19 Daniel Moreno Fernandez (Spa) Team Katusha  
20 Winner Anacona (Col) Movistar Team
GC
1 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ.fr 22:16:51  
2 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Sky 0:00:42  
3 Simon Spilak (Slo) Team Katusha 0:00:50  
4 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 0:00:55  
5 Miguel Angel Lopez (Col) Astana Pro Team 0:01:07  
6 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team 0:01:22  
7 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Giant-Alpecin 0:01:32  
8 Steve Morabito (Swi) FDJ.fr 0:02:29  
9 Sébastien Reichenbach (Swi) IAM Cycling 0:02:43  
10 Sergio Luis Henao (Col) Team Sky 0:02:46


No comments: