6.08.2015

Tour of Luxembourg (Nostalgic Mode) Sum Up

The Winner Linus Gerdemann
Nostalgic mode.
You read the finish order and you understand that this race is no more important for top riders and teams. 
On the podium, Cult Energy Pro Cycling and Roompot Oranje Peloton. All my respect but once it was different. 
Can you spot Lars?
Then you see that the winner is Linus Gerdemann and you wonder why such a good rider isn't racing for a better team. No results? I don't think so, results are the consequence of a perfect mix of individual commitment and team support. Gerdemann has always been committed, and he has got talent. Indead he wanted this race - 'his race' in a way - so went and took it. 
Andy Schleck awarding the most combactive rider
Then you see that Andy Schleck - still 29, almost 30 - is awarding - not awarded asthe most combactive rider and you think that there is something wrong. Unfortunately no, he isn't enjoying a break in his racing schedule, he retird de facto almost one years ago, even in de lege it happened some months later. Too young, too good. If you are me you know he's fine, living his new life so... his life. Procycling isn't the same anymore, in a good way and also because it's more a sport and less a stars' system. That's good but it has lost a part of his charme.
Special mention for Lars van der Haar, 2nd in a bunch sprint behind a sprint monster like André Greipel. Stay crosser! STAY CROSSER. Still... we are proud!!!
Also a nice victory by the young Sean De Bie, ex Leopard, classy guy. More to come.

Linus Gerdemann:
“It was not an easy stage at all. It was hot and the undulating course slowly but surely emptied the legs along the way but my teammates worked tirelessly and relentlessly on the front and made sure that there was never any immediate danger but we had to control the gap. Naturally, I owe this win to the whole team and I truly can’t tell how honored and proud I am about the workload they shared for me today. Now, we can finally celebrate the win together."

Lars van der Haar:
“It was a difficult start of the stage since it took a while for the break to get loose. The pace was steady but high in the bunch, which was ideal for me because that always helps me to stay focused.
At the local laps, which included a steep climb, I was able to follow the first large group. When the breakaway group (except from Torres) was caught back we decided to give it all for the sprint and the team assisted me.
In the sprint we could not get into the right position and we had to start from 8th place at 125m from the line. I had enough power to sprint to second place behind Greipel, who won quite easy. Too bad we weren’t closer, but it’s not a shame to get beaten by such a great sprinter.
I am happy with the confidence the team gave me today as they worked hard for me. I really appreciate that.”

Sean De Bie: 
“It were four tough days, also because of the hot weather. I still felt good before the start of this last stage and knew a breakaway could survive. I didn’t hesitate and attacked immediately after the start. On the first climb we took off. It was a nice group and we worked well together. Everyone was standing far enough in the classification, so we could get a sufficient lead. In the local laps the front group fell apart. I wasn’t the best uphill. When the others accelerated I looked for my own tempo. I was lucky no one got away alone and there was always some hesitation, that’s why I could always close the gap.
Also on the last hill I lost contact. Just before the last straight line I could join the others again. Because of the speed I had, coming out of the bend, I could pretty easily pass them by. I had done a recon of this stage, except for the lap in the centre. It was going up and down all the time today. Thanks to my knowledge of the route I could always take a good position to save as much energy as possible. The previous days I could give tips to the team. This first pro victory feels really good. A few times during the season I can take my chance and it’s fantastic it turned out this way.”

RESULTS
03.06 Prologue - Luxembourg › Luxembourg PETIT Adrien PETIT Adrien 2.67
04.06 Stage 1 - Luxembourg › Küntzig GREIPEL André GREIPEL André 212.6
05.06 Stage 2 - Ell › Walferdingen GERDEMANN Linus GERDEMANN Linus 186.3
06.06 Stage 3 - Eschweiler › Diekirch GREIPEL André GERDEMANN Linus 161.3
07.06 Stage 4 - Mersch › Luxembourg DE BIE Sean 156
07.06 General Classification GERDEMANN Linus
Points Classification GREIPEL André
Mountains Classification  DUARTE Fabio
Youth Classification NAESEN Oliver
Teams Classification Team Colombia
FINAL GC
1 Linus Gerdemann (Ger) Cult Energy Pro Cycling 18:12
2 Marc De Maar (Aho) Roompot Oranje Peloton 0:00:08
3 Huub Duyn (Ned) Roompot Oranje Peloton 0:00:41
4 Jelle Wallays (Bel) Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise 0:00:42
5 Rudy Molard (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Crédits 0:00:50
6 Oliver Naesen (Bel) Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise 0:00:51
7 Yohan Bagot (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Crédits 0:00:54
8 Florian Vachon (Fra) Bretagne-Séché Environnement
9 Kristian Sbaragli (Ita) MTN - Qhubeka 0:01:01
10 Migu Rubiano Chaves (Col) Colombia
11 Fabio Andres Duarte Arevalo (Col) Colombia 0:01:04
12 Fabian Wegmann (Ger) Cult Energy Pro Cycling 0:01:07
13 Enrico Gasparotto (Ita) Wanty – Groupe Gobert 0:01:34
14 Kevin Ledanois (Fra) Bretagne-Séché Environnement 0:01:52
15 Georg Preidler (Aut) Team Giant-Alpecin 0:01:53
16 Armindo Fonseca (Fra) Bretagne-Séché Environnement 0:01:54
17 Gerald Ciolek (Ger) MTN - Qhubeka 0:01:57
18 Rodolfo Torres (Col) Colombia 0:02:01
19 Gregory Habeaux (Bel) Wallonie - Bruxelles 0:02:19 20 Christopher Jones (USA) UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling Team

No comments: