8.10.2015

Cycling So Far: Boredom... results and reactions

Embedded image permalink
Dombrowski wins on Snowbird 
May be the heat. May be my precarious internet connection. May be the natural post TdF drop of attention. I'm bored. 
I watched a bit of Tour of Poland and Tour of Danmark, checked Tour of Utah's results on twitter and just noticed the Vuelta a Burgos because Rein Taaramae won the overal. I got the impression that those races are struggling to find their identity or actually found it but it isn't what they were aiming for. In a word they are marginal
Tour of Poland once was a sprinters race, it was later in the calendar and good to prepare flat Worlds. Now it's more for climbers and good to prepare La Vuelta, on paper. On real... it's boring! because big names are doing criteria instead or racing it as a training.
Embedded image permalink
Poland podium
Tour of Danmark kept its original profile and that's good. No way to make it more 'hilly'. When Riis' project was still on it had become a top riders race, like Tour of Luxembourg. Now you can hardly say that.
No need to discuss this question about Tour of Utah and Vuelta a Burgos. The only difference is that USA have got three WT teams. They are local races. 
You can get involved now and then but the great cycling is far from here.
I'm REALLY looking forward to the Eneco Tour and moreover to La Vuelta, my favourite grand tour! I'm seriously thinking about to go to watch it in Spain this year.
Tour of Danmark final day
...........
AM I being too harsh? May be the heat... 

RESULTS
Source http://www.procyclingstats.com/
TOUR OF POLAND
02.08 Stage 1 - Warszawa › Warszawa KITTEL Marcel KITTEL Marcel 122
03.08 Stage 2 - Czestochowa › Dabrowa Górnicza PELUCCHI Matteo KITTEL Marcel
04.08 Stage 3 - Zawiercie › Katowice PELUCCHI Matteo KITTEL Marcel 166
05.08 Stage 4 - Jaworzno › Nowy Sacz BODNAR Maciej ZIELIńSKI Kamil 220
06.08 Stage 5 - Nowy Sacz › Zakopane DE CLERCQ Bart DE CLERCQ Bart 223
07.08 Stage 6 - Bukovina Terma Hotel Spa › Bukowina Tatrza?ska HENAO Sergio Luis HENAO Sergio Luis 174
08.08 Stage 7 (ITT) - Krakow › Krakow BIALOBLOCKI Marcin 25
08.08 General Classification IZAGIRRE Ion 0
Points Classification KITTEL Marcel 0
Mountains Classification PATERSKI Maciej 0
Teams Classification Lotto Soudal 0

Ion Izagirre:
“Winning any WorldTour race is extremely important and in my case, conquering a stagerace for the first time in my career is huge, even more here in Poland after two runner-up finishes - I'm just really, really happy to have made it onto the highest step of the podium at last.
I relied on my legs after feeling quite well during the last few days; I worked really hard in the weeks prior, actually; I already came close to a victory in Ordizia and, in every single stage here, we always fought to ride at the front and not to lose any time. I knew that I would be able to do a good TT here, since I knew the parcours - I was really determined and willing to win this race. I didn't feel as good as as I did during last year's time trial, but the result changes everything. With all the energy we spent for it and the support by my team... It's incredible to win the Tour de Pologne!
The first days were hard for me: always into flat roads, under stifling heat, having to keep attention everywhere - and it was a matter of suffering, suffering a lot as well in the mountains, with long stages like Zakopane's, as in this TT. I really feel for De Clercq and that two-second margin; I know how harsh it feels to lose a race by such a short gap, as it happened to me with Majka last year, and the happy side of it came to me this time.
I really like one-week stageraces and this year, with my podium in Pais Vasco and this victory, I've shown I'm getting stronger in those and doing well in those with a TT, where I can improve my result. Coming up next? I don't know: for the time being, my schedule is mainly Tour de Limousin, then Hamburg and Plouay - but we still have to talk to Eusebio and see how we tackle the end of the season."

TOUR OF DANMARK
04.08 Stage 1 - Struer › Holstebro BOOM Lars BOOM Lars 177.9
05.08 Stage 2 - Ringkøbing › Aarhus BOASSON HAGEN Edvald BOOM Lars 235
06.08 Stage 3 - Vejle › Vejle BRESCHEL Matti BAK Lars Ytting 185
07.08 Stage 4 - Slagelse › Frederiksværk BRESCHEL Matti BAK Lars Ytting 115
07.08 Stage 5 (ITT) - Helsingør › Helsingør WüRTZ Mads JUUL-JENSEN Christopher 13.6
08.08 Stage 6 - Hillerød › Frederiksberg MøRKøV Michael 155
08.08 General Classification JUUL-JENSEN Christopher 0
Youth Classification WüRTZ Mads 0
Points Classification BRESCHEL Matti 0
Mountains Classification LIGTHART Pim 0
Teams Classification Tinkoff - Saxo 0

Chris Juul-Jensen:
“It’s difficult to describe this. On top of the overall win, we finish off with a very well deserved stage win for Michael Mørkøv. It was something special to enter the laps and streets here in Copenhagen that I know so well with this huge turnout. It was a mixture of being focused on making it to the finish line to secure the lead and enjoying it but I must admit that I was confident all because of this group of riders that I have around me. We’ve targeted multiple goals during Tour of Denmark and this time everything played out just right. I’m overwhelmed by this experience and the support I have received from my teammates and people at the side of the road. Before the season I had two main goals – to win the national TT championship and to win the Tour of Denmark. And yesterday at the time trial, I was able to establish my overall win in this race wearing the red and white national TT jersey. I have a new team next year but it’s very special to conclude four amazing years like this. I turned pro here on Tinkoff-Saxo and I’m glad that I can pay back my teammates and everybody with this win."

VUELTA A BURGOS
04.08 Stage 1 - Santo Domingo de Silos › Romana de Clunia BARBERO Carlos BARBERO Carlos 149
05.08 Stage 2 (TTT) - Burgos › Burgos Astana Pro Team SANCHEZ Luis Leon 13.14
06.08 Stage 3 - Castrojeriz › Villadiego ISAYCHEV Vladimir SANCHEZ Luis Leon 165
07.08 Stage 4 - Belorado › Pineda de la Sierra (Valle del Sol) LóPEZ Miguel Ángel LóPEZ Miguel Ángel 161
08.08 Stage 5 - Comunera de Revenga › Lagunas de Neila MORENO Daniel 170
08.08 General Classification TAARAMäE Rein
Points Classification MORENO Daniel
Mountains Classification  DUARTE Fabio
Youth Classification LOPEZ Miguel Ángel
Teams Classification Astana Pro Team
TOUR OF UTAH
03.08 Stage 1 - Logan › Logan REIJNEN Kiel REIJNEN Kiel 212.5
04.08 Stage 2 - Tremonton › Ogden KOCJAN Jure REIJNEN Kiel 161.8
05.08 Stage 3 - Antelope Island › Bountiful OWEN Logan REIJNEN Kiel 176.5
06.08 Stage 4 - Soldier Hollow › Heber Valley YOUNG Eric KOCJAN Jure 205.2
07.08 Stage 5 - Salt Lake City › Salt Lake City WOODS Michael WOODS Michael 89.1
08.08 Stage 6 - Salt Lake City › Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort DOMBROWSKI Joe DOMBROWSKI Joe 177.7
09.08 7 - Park City › Park City NORRIS Lachlan 78
09.08 General Classification DOMBROWSKI Joe 0
Points Classification BOOKWALTER Brent 0
Mountains Classification DANIEL Gregory 0
Youth Classification MARTINEZ Daniel Felipe 0
Teams Classification Team Colombia 0
AdTech Ad

Joe Dombrowski:
"So far it's been a really good year for me and I've sort of made steady progress. I think anytime you have a long hiatus like that, you fix something and you think you're going to go straight back to the top. But it doesn't always work that way. It's not a linear progression. But, yeah, I think this is the best yet since then, so I'm happy to be back and racing healthy again."

No comments: