8.27.2015

Cycling So Far: Colorado, Vattenfall Cyclassics, Tour du Limousin

Embedded image permalink
I'm just back from London with a few pictures and many stories to tell. It has been a smashing stay and in spite that was my 3rd time in the city I must admit it amazed me again. Cyling has really rooted up there!
But about this, later.
As far as pro cycling I see that BMC dominated in Colorado, winning the overall, several stages, and the team classification.
I'm glad to see that Tao Geoghegan won the youth classification. 
The 2015 Vattenfall Cyclassics podium: Kristoff, Greipel and NizzoloIn Vattenfall Classifs Andre Greipel confirmed himself as the best sprinters of the year, while Giacomo Nizzolo collected another podium place. 2nd was Alexander Kristoff and yes, I think he's 2nd also in the best sprinter competition, mostly dued to his fil in the Tour de France... 
Sonny Colbrelli won the Tour of Limousine while Manuel Belletti crashed out, sadly enough. Fortunately nothing is broken and he's back on bike.
La Vuelta started dramatically, I'll write more about it. It's my favourite grand tour and I'm a little ashamed because I missed five stages. Still London was worth of it! I'll catch up.


André Greipel: “We already tried it a few times to win this race, I’m so glad it finally worked out. Although, the race didn’t start so well. I crashed in the beginning of the stage. I wanted to take a sanitary stop, but a guy behind me didn’t see me and hit me in the back. It was without speed, but still painful. Also Greg, Jens and Jürgen hit the ground. For the finale we were four guys down. But I could still rely on Lars Bak, Tiesj Benoot and Marcel Sieberg.
As usual it all came down to the last ascent of the Waseberg, that’s crucial for the difference between winning and losing. We controlled as much as we could and all maintained a good position on the climb. Before the sprint I talked to my teammates, it was really important to be in a good position with three kilometres to go. I trusted them to help me. Sibi put me on the wheel of Kristoff and I was happy to have the legs to pass him by. This is the first time I won a one-day WorldTour race, so this is really special. Certainly because it’s in my home country. I won’t compare it to winning a Tour stage for example, I’m just very proud I could win this race.”


Sonny Colbrelli:
”Yesterday I was seven seconds behind Herrada but I was still confident to move up and win the overall classification. It’s a fantastic emotion win the race and I have to say thanks to my teammates and the sport director Mirko Rossato who believed in this success since the first day and led us in the best way. Today was hard because everyone knew I was the fastest rider and also a big contender for the overall victory. So with my team we managed the race for much part of the day. I finished second the final sprint but the most important thing was to take enough seconds to arrive Herrada as happened”. 

RESULTS
US PRO CHALLENGE
17.08 Stage 1 - Steamboat Springs › Steamboat Springs PHINNEY Taylor PHINNEY Taylor 155.5
18.08 Stage 2 - Steamboat Springs › Arapahoe Basin BOOKWALTER Brent BOOKWALTER Brent 185.5
19.08 Stage 3 - Copper Mountain › Aspen REIJNEN Kiel BOOKWALTER Brent 163.2
20.08 Stage 4 - Aspen › Breckenridge DENNIS Rohan DENNIS Rohan 202.5
21.08 Stage 5 (ITT) - Breckenridge › Breckenridge DENNIS Rohan DENNIS Rohan 13.5
22.08 Stage 6 - Loveland › Fort Collins KREUZIGER Roman DENNIS Rohan 164.5
23.08 Stage 7 - Golden › Denver MURPHY John 109.7
23.08 General Classification DENNIS Rohan 0
Points Classification REIJNEN Kiel 0
Mountains Classification DENNIS Rohan 0
Youth Classification GEOGHEGAN HART Tao 0
Teams Classification BMC Racing Team 0

VATTENFALL CLASSICS
1 André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Soudal 4:57:05
2 Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Team Katusha
3 Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita) Trek Factory Racing
4 Tom Boonen (Bel) Etixx - Quick-Step
5 Greg Van Avermaet (Bel) BMC Racing Team
6 Arnaud Demare (Fra) FDJ.fr
7 Matti Breschel (Den) Tinkoff-Saxo
8 Ramon Sinkeldam (Ned) Team Giant-Alpecin
9 Niccolo Bonifazio (Ita) Lampre-Merida
10 Rasmus Guldhammer (Den) Cult Energy Pro Cycling


No comments: