8.05.2015

Tour de France: Alexis Vuillermoz Diary 9 (translated)

Alexis Vuillermoz
The French original is HERE.

Alexis Vullermoz:
"The Tour de France finished yesterday and it feels as a big emptiness as well as a big relievement. You can'imagine how much this race is engagging, stressing, fascinating and exhausting. the last day is always a little peculiar and in spite of the start under a pourring rain has been less nice than usual we managed to enjoy this last day. You live the end of these three weeks with a heart pang but also with the eagerness to move to other things. All the Tour long, we shared a beautiful camaraderie in the team AG2R LA MONDIALE. A glass of champagne in the bus, a meal all together. No excess, just the satisfaction of a well done work. After a complicated second week, the whole team has been able to react and that's important.
To be back with my family is always a pleasure after these three crazy weeks. Sunday, on the Alpe d’Huez, a nice gang from Juram was waiting for me on a bend with banners, Jura's flags and a lot of cheerfulness. I loved seeing them... Feeling supported is so important! because the Tour isn't just a series of joys! 
This year I passed through all estates. From the elation after my victory and a first week in front to the disappointment and pain in the Pyrénées and finally a good shape again in the Alpes that allowed me to finish on a high note because I was beging to doubut.
I learnt a lot in this second Tour, in a team aiming to big results. My victory allowed me to discover the huge media exposure of the Grande Boucle. It's nice but also exhausting. Suddenly I passed from being a few known rider to being a rider super urged by public and media.  To be able to say no and to learn to consider these new requests in the management of my time has been something new and appretinceship.
Finishing the Tour is a pride. Winning a stage is an homour... But I must already think forward. I'll start in the Clasica San Sebastian, in the pays basque, a race where the puncheurs often succeded. So, who knows? if I have good legs...  In August I'm going to dispute the pre-olympic in Rio, hoping to be part of the French olimpic team next year. Even if you are a pro, the Olympics are important.
That's why I can't just relax after the Tour de France but must look forward.
I thank you for your support and I hope to see you in the Jura. I got many messages that really touched me and I know that in Saint Claude and in the Jura my results have been followed with a special attention..
I hope to see you soon, maybe in September, in the Forestière, that I could take part in. But sss! it's a secret..."

No comments: