8.12.2015

Tour de l'Ain. First Pro Victory For Mike Teunissen

Embedded image permalinkIn the prologue of the Tour de l'Ain he was the fastest. 22 yo, racing for Team LottoNL-Jumbo Mike Teunissen is an interesting young guy. He finished second in RideLondon last week and now, with a time of 4’31” he broke Wilco Kelderman’s mark set in 2011 and also got the Yellow Jersey. He means to keep it.

Mike Teunissen:
“I got it and nobody can take this from me now. My advantage was that I started as second-to-last. The other boys had already set good times, and so I knew what I had to do. I needed an average speed of more than 50 kilometres per hour, and that’s not easy on a course with two sections with tricky corners. But London went well, and I knew that my shape should still be there. After London, I made a mistake by going back to watch the final kilometres before I went to bed. That left me with the idea like I had ruined an opportunity, and that feeling kept me awake all night. This time, I think I’ll quickly fall asleep and that I’m going to have some sweet dreams. I want to get involved in the sprints during the stage, and take bonus seconds. In the bunch sprints, Nacer Bouhanni will certainly be a problem, but if I’m well-placed, I can do well. And we have some guys here who know what’s required in a sprint.”

No comments: