9.19.2015

GP Impanis: A Splendid Sean De Bie

Embedded image permalink
Sean De Bie: 
“The early breakaway with a rider of BMC and Etixx was a nasty situation, especially because Trek and at first instance also Lotto NL – Jumbo didn’t want to cooperate with us in the peloton. Sander Armée did loads of work. With Kenny Dehaes we had a sprinter in the team, but we assumed it wouldn’t end with a sprint because of the tough zone around Overijse. That’s why we tried to always have a guy in a break and the situation with Pim in a group of four was perfect. I wanted to be the first to get into the dangerous corner at five kilometres from the finish, and so I did. In the last three kilometres I decided to go for all or nothing. The pain in my legs during that last kilometre was immense, but the victory makes you forget about that.
The entire race I had the feeling I was good, but I didn’t want to use my energy too soon. Wednesday, I felt even better at the GP Wallonie, but then I started to mingle too soon so the power in the legs had gone in the finale and then I just tried to help Jens and Jelle. I made a huge progress this year; it’s the first time that I am so good in this part of the season. I finished the Tour of Britain with a good condition and you notice that a lot of others are almost at the end of their strengths. And of course I’m happy I can give a victory to Lotto Soudal.”

RESULTS
1 De Bie
2 Claeys
3 Gerts
4 D. Van Poppel
5 Drucker
6 Jans
7 Teunissen
8 R Kreder
9 Boudat
10 Pardini

No comments: