9.12.2015

GP Québec: "A Big Relief" For Rigoberto Uran

Embedded image permalinkRigoberto Uran:
"For me this is a big relief after a season that was a bit unlucky, with a lot of small problems. But I never gave up. After Le Tour de France I said 'ok I have to keep the concentration and effort up.' I worked hard to be ready for this point of the season, and the result is there with a victory. I knew this race well, I was 3rd in 2011. I knew with this parcours that there is a chance to anticipate in the last kilometer, and I did it.  I kept going on, gave everything and I won. Now I know for sure the condition is there. On Sunday we have another race, but on paper it is a little less selective than today in Québec so there is less chance for me to do well. But I am confident in my sensations, and also confident in my teammates who arrived with good motivation. These are strong guys who arrived physically ready, and it showed with how we attacked in the final kilometers. After these races in Canada have the UCI World TTT Championship coming up in the next days, and then there is the UCI World Individual Time Trial Championship. So, there is a lot of room to keep doing well for the team. It'd be nice to do well in the TTT. We'll see, but for now I'd like to enjoy this victory."
Embedded image permalink
RESULTS
1 Rigoberto Uran Uran (Col) Etixx - Quick-Step 5:09:47
2 Michael Matthews (Aus) Orica GreenEdge
3 Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Team Katusha
4 Tom Jelte Slagter (Ned) Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling Team
5 Diego Ulissi (Ita) Lampre-Merida
6 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Trek Factory Racing
7 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team
8 Tony Gallopin (Fra) Lotto Soudal
9 Warren Barguil (Fra) Team Giant-Alpecin
10 Greg Van Avermaet (Bel) BMC Racing Team
11 Tanel Kangert (Est) Astana Pro Team
12 Simon Geschke (Ger) Team Giant-Alpecin
13 Anthony Roux (Fra) FDJ.fr
14 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Etixx - Quick-Step
15 Andriy Grivko (Ukr) Astana Pro Team
16 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling Team
17 Paul Voss (Ger) Bora-Argon 18
18 Arthur Vichot (Fra) FDJ.fr
19 Lars Petter Nordhaug (Nor) Team Sky 0:00:06
20 Robert Gesink (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo

No comments: