9.11.2015

La Vuelta 19: Meaningless


Mhm... Alexis Gougeard gave a meaning to AG2R partecipation to this race but today stage was quite meaningless. It was obviously a day for the break and the break arrived. 
Embedded image permalinkBehind Valverde attacked. Hard for me to say but FORTUNATELY there is Valverde ATTACKING! 
Aru not only didn't attack but even lost some time to Dumoulin who dropped him in the last climb!
I went mowing the grass...

Tom Dumoulin:
Embedded image permalink“We were able to control the stage the whole day, and in the finale I had still Lawson and John with me in our group of 20 riders. The guys were amazing today.
I was feeling OK. Of course I was tired, but I knew the others were tired too. I just wanted to give it a try in the finale and took three seconds in the GC. I am satisfied, as every second could be critical.
Embedded image permalinkPeople initially had doubts about the strength of the team, but today we rode very strongly. They led me out perfectly on the final uphill section, and I was able to finish it. 
We have to look at ourselves, believe in our own strength and make a good plan for tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a decisive stage and very tough one too.”

RESULTS
STAGE

1 Alexis Gougeard (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 4:19:20
Embedded image permalink2 Nelson Oliveira (Por) Lampre-Merida 0:00:40 3 Maxime Monfort (Bel) Lotto Soudal 0:00:44 4 Andrey Amador (CRc) Movistar Team
5 Tiago Machado (Por) Team Katusha
6 Amaël Moinard (Fra) BMC Racing Team
7 Fabio Duarte (Col) Colombia 0:00:53
8 David Arroyo (Spa) Caja Rural-Seguros RGA 0:01:03
9 Christian Knees (Ger) Team Sky 0:01:17
Embedded image permalink10 Francisco Ventoso (Spa) Movistar Team
GC
1 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Giant-Alpecin 78:20:51
2 Fabio Aru (Ita) Astana Pro Team 0:00:06
3 Joaquim Rodriguez (Spa) Team Katusha 0:01:24
4 Rafal Majka (Pol) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:02:31
5 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar Team 0:03:02
6 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar Team 0:03:24
Embedded image permalink7 Esteban Chaves (Col) Orica GreenEdge 0:03:39
8 Daniel Moreno Fernandez (Spa) Team Katusha 0:03:46
9 Mikel Nieve (Spa) Team Sky 0:04:19
10 Louis Meintjes (RSA) MTN - Qhubeka 0:07:09

No comments: