9.07.2015

Tour of Britain 2: Victorious Vokac, Solo

Embedded image permalink
Petr Vakoc:
"It was a really hard race, I am so happy I could finish it with a win. I was part of an eight rider group that went away with about 50 kilometers to go. At a little more than 18 kilometers to go, it looked like we would be caught. So, I tried my chance. It was a long way to the finish. But I had really good legs, so I attacked, and stayed clear. This is a huge success for me, one of the biggest victories of my career so far. It was a long day out front alone and it's so beautiful to have this win added to my palmares. Now I am the race leader, which is a huge honor. We had the chance to meet and greet the public yesterday after the stage, thanks to TourX bus powered by our sponsors Etixx and Tacx, and I have to say I was really impressed. The British public loves cycling and showed great support to our team. So, I am very motivated with this race leader's jersey on my back. We will try our best to defend this jersey in the next days. It's still early at Tour of Britain. There are six more stages to go. It will be difficult with only six riders. But I am looking forward to it with the support of my teammates, who are riding strong. A 2nd place yesterday, and now a win today, shows we are riding well as a unit. The next few days will be flatter, so we'll see what we can do in the next days."
Embedded image permalink

RESULTS
STAGE
1 Vakoc
2 Lobato +7
3 Boasson Hagen +9
4 Guldhammer +9
5 Trentin +9 6 Doull +9
7 Debusschere +9
8 Teuns +9
9 G Izaguirre +9
GC
1 Vakoc
2 Lobato +11
3 Boasson Hagen +15
4 Gerts +17
5 Poels +18
6 Van Baarle +18
7 Doull +19
8 Briggs +19
 9 Kennaugh +19

No comments: