9.10.2015

Tour of Britain 5: Poels Puts One More On Team Sky Account


He attacked, went solo, got caught, attacked again and won solo. All in the last few km. Bravo!
Bravo Boasson Hagen too who's now in the race leader jersey... 2'' ahead.

Wout Poels:
"It was really nice to win and the team have been working really hard today and also in the stages before. I just closed the gap - Boasson Hagen was really strong but it's a really nice win.
It's pretty nice - especially now I ride for Team Sky on a home race in the UK. The people are great and they really support us. It's great to win and see all the people.
It's my second victory at the Tour of Britain. I think [last time] it was 2010, my second victory as a pro. Now I'm here again. Hopefully we can take the jersey. It will be difficult but there's still three days left."

RESULTS
STAGE
1 Poels
2 Boasson Hagen +2
3 Intxausti +17
4 Stybar +18
5 Guldhammer +18
6 Kruijswijk +18
7 Meurisse +18
8 Sorensen +18
GC
1 Boasson Hagen
2 Poels +1
3 Guldhammer +30
4 Intxausti +33
5 Doull +37
6 Teuns +38
7 Stybar +38
8 Fernandez +28

No comments: