11.28.2015

Cycloross: Sean De Bie Wins the Boonen & Friends Charity Race (and more)



Embedded image permalinkIt's a cold cold day here in Florence, but sunny, and I see it was the same in Belgium. Tom Boonen and friends had fun in front of a good crowd and good money went to a good cause.
It was more fun than sport but top riders assure a top show and Sean De Bie is a young rising star: a beautiful win for him and for sure a nice day for everybody.
Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalinkAs far as me, I had a very busy week: on wednesday I worked in school from 9 am to 8 pm! I was cooked afterward. On Friday I had to woke up early to catch my train: it was rail workers' strike and I wasn't sure at all about my train back. My solidarity went to the strikers as always: Italian railway is in a shameful situation after it has been sold to privates on a shameful bargain. The strikers probably felt my love and gave me back some love because I went home safely, with just some delay in a day of cancealed trains and hours waiting. 
This morning instead I stayed in bed: I'm on strike too - again - for my job and salary. It's a long hard fight and unions are managing it badly. Workers lost more than one battle here failing to auto organising against unions' burocrats who were selling them to the class enemy...
‪Later I did some shopping: a fairtrade‬ skirt, organic‬ ‪local‬ fruits and ‪‎ecological‬ cat litter. Use your power to support free workers and a sustainable economy! I do.


RESULTS
1. Sean De Bie
2. Maarten Wynants
3. Pieter Vanspeybrouck

No comments: