11.15.2015

Women Cycling: Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio wins against all and everybody in Momentum 947 Cycle Challenge

That's incredible. Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio really showed guts winning the first ever UCI 1.1 women race in South Africa. 
At the start a mechanical problem blocked her chain on the big gear, in spite of that she managed to get in the break-away. Later, on a fast descent, she crashed but chased her way back and won. Sure, supported by her Bigla Team.
On Cedar climb  Moolman-Pasio's advantage was slight but she kept on pulling, increased it and went solo to the line. Her gap there was 1'!
This stunning performance puts Moolman-Pasio in the UCI top ten rankings and she's the first ever South African to do so. BRAVO!

Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio:
“It was an incredible day for African cycling. The first ever UCI 1.1 for women in South Africa and was a great showcase and we have to thank all the sponsors like Momentum for making it possible.
It was a bit of a challenge out there. I was quite shocked when I fell. It was a high speed crash. I checked everything was ok and I jumped back on the bike. It was a bit of a blow but my team were absolutely fantastic. The Bigla girls gave everything to support and help me.
They chased with absolute heart and put down the pressure on every climb. Sharon Laws set me up on Cedar Hill. She attacked before and was away with two others. I saw her riding away from the two and I saw that was the opportunity to get across to her".
"Still trying to comprehend what happened out there today! My heart is over flowing with gratitude! Such an honour to win @momentum947 today!"

RESULTS
1 Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio (Bigla)
2 Sabrina Stultiens (Liv-Plantur)
3 Floortje Mackaij (Liv-Plantur)




No comments: