12.28.2015

A Belgian Break 5: Gypsies in Antwerpen

Waiting for the sunset on the Schelde, at peace with the world. That was my best moment today. The large river in front, silence and the sun slowly descending while the skyline of the city was just a dark silhouette. 
Antwerpen is big, lively and busy. His cathedral is a wonder of beauty. But I prefer the rusted rest of the ancient harbour, the barges, the cranes. Give me a good beer and a good man, I'd stay here till night, softly chattering and listening to the wave of the traffic - far, somewhere...
We arrived from Leuven in the morning, admired the new rail station, walked to the center, had a go to the big wheel, strolled by the river, had a coffee and later a good Belgian dinner. I like this place. About cherry beer I keep my reserve...

No comments: